General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

I was out of town until this afternoon, so I’m slowly working my way through this stuff and some other stuff that arrived while I was gone.

So far, I’m only through side A.
Kind of what I remember - some pretty cool early 80s nighttime TV melodrama/suspense/action stuff - great examples of that. So far, less cheeseball bits than I expected, actually.
Lots of hi hat, though.
According to the jacket, it’s seen a new mix, but it sounds pretty era-correct to me. I had listened to most of Side A before I noticed it said the score had been remixed, and I was really surprised.
Thanks, Chuggers. I have seen those and I'm not sure what to make of that Amazon listing. I'll probably just wait for all the Warner stuff to turn up at shops.
I noticed on reddit that lots of stores were posting their over stock on Sunday and yesterday but most of the good stuff was gone with in minutes. There was one shop from Chicago I think that said they had 1200 unique users register with 1800 unique orders placed with in the first hour of their stuff going up. I'm amazed their website could handle that influx of traffic as I'm willing to bet they don't have that many people hitting their servers that regularly.
Does anybody know what the price tag was for the Lost In Translation soundtrack? I didn't go out on RSD but I'm trying to hunt down a copy online. So far I have only found one shop here in Germany that has it listed for 50€. That's a lot.
frost wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:00 pm Does anybody know what the price tag was for the Lost In Translation soundtrack? I didn't go out on RSD but I'm trying to hunt down a copy online. So far I have only found one shop here in Germany that has it listed for 50€. That's a lot.
It's half that price on juno.co.uk, but it's ''coming soon''. In my opinion, all the RSD titles will become available online this weekend. saturday or sunday I think. Keep looking, I'm sure it will pop up elsewhere too at the regular price.
In the inbox this morning for any interested hunting parties..

RECORD STORE DAY

We will publish the RSD2019 stock we have been able to get at 8am UK time tomorrow (that's Saturday 20th April 2019) at the following address:

https://www.normanrecords.com/features/rsd

Rules:

Adding items to cart does not reserve them. You have to checkout.Only one copy per item per customer. No exceptions.Max. 15 items per customer. No exceptions.First come, first served. No exceptions.You cannot reserve items beforehand. No exceptions.Anyone who places multiple orders for the same items will receive nothing. Nada. Zilch.

You have been warned!

Notes:

Due to the exceptional demand for RSD items and the intense strain it puts on our poor website, two things are certain to happen:

Pages will load much, much slower than normal. Be patient. (Reloading the page like a maniac only makes things worse.)Some of the items you add to your cart will sell out before you can complete checkout. Don't panic: forget about them and move on, quickly.

In order to help speed up the site we will not be taking payments immediately (at least for the initial rush of orders). Just place your order and we'll contact you later on to confirm what items we can supply, how much you owe, and how to pay.

After you've placed your order:

Due to the awkward timing this year (Easter) we will begin processing all orders on Monday 22nd April. Due to the huge demand we need to streamline our dispatch processes as much as possible, so please note the following:

You may not get all the items you want, even if your order appears to complete successfully. We will try to make sure you get everything you checked out but we cannot guarantee it.The email confirmation you receive is the best indication of the items you have secured. But it may not be 100% accurate. We will confirm as soon as possible.Please don't contact us regarding payment. Be patient. We will contact you regarding payment when your order is ready to ship.All RSD orders will be dealt with separate to any other orders you have. We cannot combine your RSD orders with any existing orders.We will not amend RSD orders. If you need to cancel anything then that's your right but we cannot add extra items into RSD orders or swap them for other items.

We realise some of the above is a bit harsh, but we're trying to make everything go as smoothly as possible for the most number of people. Record Store Day places extraordinary demands on our limited resources, so we have to be a bit stricter than usual. Your normal, friendly, helpful Norman Records service will resume once the madness is all done with.

Good luck!
well, that was a bummer, woke up at 3am for the Norman sale, had the shining in my cart but didn't make it through checkout. That was the closest i've gotten yet. anyone know anyone else's on sale times? Or even better, has silva said they will reissue? Tht's the last thing on my want list
Oh shit @blindguy, that’s the closest I’ve seen anyone!

I got a black basil kirchin in the end off the trunk website. Gold ones went instantly. Also got deadly avenger 3D a few days ago. Everything else I can live with not having
reddye6 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:27 pm Has anyone who ordered RSD titles from 2HD gotten a shipping notice yet?
Nope but he did say 3 days ago on IG that every one should have received their shipping notifications for RSD releases and if you had not then you were selected to receive the Hauntlove prints which were running behind and should be arriving by the end of the week. So maybe both you and I got lucky and were randomly chosen out of 30 orders to receive those prints.
reddye6 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:27 pm Has anyone who ordered RSD titles from 2HD gotten a shipping notice yet?
HAHAHAHAHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA