General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

ScoJo wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:40 pm Oh damn.

The edition of the book coming in May with the full Prom Night re-issue has my full interest! But fuuck, I want that 7" too!

I may need to call upon a good US buddy for this, if it's not something I can order through Amazon.com etc....
I am guessing you will be able to order it direct from http://www.1984publishing.com/
The edition in May for sure. (what @Texas said :-) )
reddye6 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:03 pmSounds good!
Actually just looked at the 2HD listing for the book, and they're the first listing to state that the UK is earmarked for 100 copies (with 1000 for US and 200 for Canada...) so let's see if my local guy can order it in/get an allocation :)

Will keep you posted
ScoJo wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:11 pm
reddye6 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:03 pmSounds good!
Actually just looked at the 2HD listing for the book, and they're the first listing to state that the UK is earmarked for 100 copies (with 1000 for US and 200 for Canada...) so let's see if my local guy can order it in/get an allocation :)

Will keep you posted
Look here: https://www.instagram.com/1984prods/

They say pre-orders soon...
Please give me a headsup if someone hears when it goes live.

edit: according to a comment:
hey there! So RSD extras will be available that following Monday!
As in Monday after RSD
I will be out looking for one of these:

ImageSUNN O))) - Life Metal
[Southern Lord sunn300]

This seems like an interesting follow-up to Mandy which Steven O'Malley performed guitar on:

Continuing one of the main currents of the SUNN O))) concept, depth of exploration within collaboration, brought forth Hildur Guðnadóttir to the Sunn O))) constellation. Hildur is a sometime live collaborator of Sunn O))) and a renowned film music composer, former member of the bands Múm, Pan Sonic and Angel. She was a long time collaborator with the composer Jóhann Jóhannsson (RIP). Hildur lent her incredible attitude, as well as her voice, breath and electric cello, and the enigmatic haldorophone to the proceedings, culminating in the epic composition/concerto "Novæ".

Paintings by visual artist Samantha Keely Smith

Limited to 4000
Black Vinyl
1. Between Sleipnir's Breaths
2. Troubled Air
3. Aurora
4. Novae

More info here. Wish the tour was coming this way.
Transmission are the only UK store with copies of the Blood and Black Wax book- anyone hitting them on Saturday/ feel like being a mensch and scoring one for me perhaps? DM or email me if so!
filmficciones (at gmail)
:D
ScoJo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:05 am Transmission are the only UK store with copies of the Blood and Black Wax book- anyone hitting them on Saturday/ feel like being a mensch and scoring one for me perhaps? DM or email me if so!
filmficciones (at gmail)
:D
Seconded. Tell Kim and Spencer you need a stack for the fine folks of STBC!
I noticed that 2HD had Creepozoids listed on his site for $36, which I thought was pretty high for a TV release they usually run about $27-$30. I messaged TV yesterday and he said it's SRP is $27, wholesale direct was $18 and distro $20. Gotta love seeing the price gauging right out of the gate from Ben.

I completely messed up the weekends and ended up scheduling a vet appointment for 11 this saturday morning (I was thinking RSD was the following weekend). So I won't be making it to RSD opening but I may swing by one shop in the afternoon as I'm also on the hunt for a new used receiver.
inksb wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:25 pm I noticed that 2HD had Creepozoids listed on his site for $36, which I thought was pretty high for a TV release they usually run about $27-$30. I messaged TV yesterday and he said it's SRP is $27, wholesale direct was $18 and distro $20. Gotta love seeing the price gauging right out of the gate from Ben.

I completely messed up the weekends and ended up scheduling a vet appointment for 11 this saturday morning (I was thinking RSD was the following weekend). So I won't be making it to RSD opening but I may swing by one shop in the afternoon as I'm also on the hunt for a new used receiver.
It's listed at Bullmoose for $36, so i wouldn't expect to find it anywhere for less than $30.
monsterworship wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:13 pm
inksb wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:25 pm I noticed that 2HD had Creepozoids listed on his site for $36, which I thought was pretty high for a TV release they usually run about $27-$30. I messaged TV yesterday and he said it's SRP is $27, wholesale direct was $18 and distro $20. Gotta love seeing the price gauging right out of the gate from Ben.

It's listed at Bullmoose for $36, so i wouldn't expect to find it anywhere for less than $30.
Ryan did say that SRP goes out the window on RSD and he has no control over it. I don't think Bullmoose does online orders for their RSD stuff until the next day but at least that would qualify for free shipping, where I would still have to pay 2HD an additional $6 on top of the $36. I'm really hoping that Ryan puts some out to the mailing list afterwards. He said he planned to if he had any left.