General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
I've never went to Black Friday RSD, but there are two releases that I want this year. However, I am not getting up crazy early the day after Thanksgiving. How well attended is Black Friday RSD?
By inksb
Always a shit load of scalpers in line (at least in my area). I stopped going in the morning years ago. Now a days if I'm near a record store I'll stop in and go through leftovers.
By reddye6
That's what I'm anticipating, unfortunately. The good thing is that I'll be going to a Bullmoose chain store, and they list what items they have in stock at which store. Guess if they sell out, I'll find them online later.

I keep telling myself that I won't be getting up early ...
By inksb
I miss Bullmoose. The saving grace in my area is that none of the stores open early, all of them just open at their regular 10AM so it's not like I'd have to get up early to go. Bullmoose on the other hand used to open at 7 or 8 on RSD which made it so I never went to stand in line because it was too early.
By NathanLurker
I don't know, for me it's always quieter on Black Friday RSD, I wouldn't stress too much about being suoer early. Also, it's been relatively painless to track down RSD titles in the following days of any RSD in the past 2 years I think. They tend to reach amazon at some point, and also I was able to track down most titles I missed out on by tracking them on juno.co.uk
By reddye6
I agree. I've generally been able to get what I want from the regular RSD later online for a regular price. And if comes down to it, the release that I'd like is also available on CD. Really, I need to short-circuit that knee-jerk reflex of "must get."
By NathanLurker
reddye6 wrote:I need to short-circuit that knee-jerk reflex of "must get."
Easier said than done ^_^
I only want one thing out of this BF RSD, the live Tangerine Dream record, and I feel like once I'm there buying stuff, I,ll have to grab other things because it's too small a loot. It's that collector reflex, FMO... fear of missing out. Maybe I should grab that Iggy Pop ''rare power'' lp as well...
By reddye6
See?! SEE?! You want the same record that I really want -- the Tangerine Dream one! Now I have to get up at 3 am to slash your tires before waiting in line for 6 hours!

I also may pick up the Dead Kennedys demos. And if I go to the Bullmoose that I want to go to, there is a Ben Frost CD that I'd like to snag as well.
NathanLurker wrote:
reddye6 wrote:I need to short-circuit that knee-jerk reflex of "must get."
Easier said than done ^_^
Truer words...
By NathanLurker
reddye6 wrote:See?! SEE?! You want the same record that I really want -- the Tangerine Dream one! Now I have to get up at 3 am to slash your tires before waiting in line for 6 hours!

Checkmate, pal. I don't have any tires to slash. I invoke the devil's steed when i need a ride.