General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Revolver_OcelScott
So as my collection grows I have grown more fond of the releases that come in the poly lined sleeves. They seem to arrive 100% clean with no dust particles etc on them. I was considering finding and buying lots of them to replace my plain paper ones, but I've read online of some of these lined ones leaving a residue or clouding effect on their records.

What are all of your opinions on the inner sleeves you encounter? Is it not a good idea to switch over? I love not having to clean a record off every time I removed it from the sleeve.
By deafmetal
I also prefer polyethylene-lined sleeves, and will replace paper sleeves when I can afford to. I have not heard of any clouding or residue from polyethylene, only from polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
By ChrisMcQueen007
Yep, replacing plain paper sleeves with polyethylene sleeves is a good thing - reduces marks (from pulling out the record) and static. I always exchange plain paper sleeves immediately, proper inner sleeves don‘t cost much.
By static14
I use a nitty gritty vacuum cleaning machine currently (gonna pull the trigger on an okki nokki shortly) with AIVS cleaning fluids.

There are tons of choices for cleaning fluids though.
By monsterworship
after cleaning. i use mobile fidelity inners for records that are above $15 (mostly everything) and I use regular white paper inners for anything less or things i'm going to get rid of.
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote:after cleaning. i use mobile fidelity inners for records that are above $15 (mostly everything) and I use regular white paper inners for anything less or things i'm going to get rid of.
It's straight up class warfare on Monster's record shelves.
By Hatter313
I think that one of the first purchases in my next living space is going to be a good cleaning machine, my apartment is juuuuust a bit too small right now, and I’ve started feeling the size more and more. One day I’ll have the space for a dedicated library and this will need to be a part of it.

Taking the plunge into NY suburban real estate though again....shudder. Time to move up north and become a mountain hermit
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:I think that one of the first purchases in my next living space is going to be a good cleaning machine, my apartment is juuuuust a bit too small right now, and I’ve started feeling the size more and more. One day I’ll have the space for a dedicated library and this will need to be a part of it.

Taking the plunge into NY suburban real estate though again....shudder. Time to move up north and become a mountain hermit
I might know of a pretty swell fellow birthed in an Upstate hermitage. You could do worse for yourself.
By Hatter313
@mateo, don’t I know it, Love me those Catskills.