General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DigitalHiss
Got my list going..

-Blue Oyster Cult - Rarities Vol 2 (I missed out on Vol 1...the only thing from RSD last year I never found.)

-Doris Norton - Personal Computer (I love love love her early stuff and have been tracking it down slowly and expensively.)

-Enter the Dragon OST (Love this score but have never come across the wax...if I see this pic disc for a decent price I'll grab it.)

-Tangerine Dream - Zeit (I've been slowly absorbing TD over the past year or two. I don't own this in any format.)

-The Omega Man OST (This is a really great score. I've got the CD that came out a few years ago.)

I've never been to a record store on the actual RSD...I usually go the weekend after and pick the bones. I must say I grabbed a lot of "RSD exclusive limited edition" LPs over the course of the year just by flipping through the bins at diff places. Still haven't found that BOC Rarities vol 1 though...
By Spun out of control
This Arrow sleeve for the Morricone looks pretty tasty.... and very in the mould of old school DeathWaltz releases to my eyes.

Note that DeathWaltz aren't involved again this year (nor Invada?). Know we can eagerly pick up whichever gems the label releases at any point during the year, but previous DW releases have certainly been some of my past RSD highlights :)
Attachments
Arrow Video Ennio Morricone.jpg
Arrow Video Ennio Morricone.jpg (103.47 KiB) Viewed 5350 times
By NathanLurker
that looks very cool, indeed, Spun. And I guess I also have the Omega man to add to my wishlist (where was this announced though ?). I guess it's a good thing DeathWaltz aren't releasing any rsd title, for my wallet.
By filmsonwax
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
maxlevel wrote:Who’s releasing the Vengeance trilogy? It’s a definite yoink from me Jeff
A label named Beatball Music. I'm not familiar. The early word is that at least the Oldboy is an expanded 2xLP affair.
They're a Korean label, and OLDBOY will indeed be 2 LPs, expanded to match the original CD (minus the Vivaldi performance).
By frost
Finally, Sucker Punch is getting a deserved vinyl treatment. It´s on the list for Germany and I´m most excited about this.
Not much else for me except Nikki Sudden and David Bowie. Maybe I will have to check again, might also go for the Twin Peaks lps.
By Mateo Sanboval
Just streamed Grusin's Friends of Eddie Coyle score. Really looking forward to this one.
By BurningTapes
IMG_6268-2.JPG
IMG_6268-2.JPG (788.82 KiB) Viewed 5088 times
Burning Witches Records have a RSD release on the way.

Communion

10 synth heavy tracks from various artists, with artwork by Kimberley Holladay. Limited to 500 on black and purple vinyl, with download card and double sided 12" insert.

1.Deadly Avenger - Nightcrawler
2.Alone In The Woods - I Never Came Up For Air
3.Graham Reznick - Faking Point
4.Isvisible Isinvisible - The Level Crossing
5.Espectrostatic - The Locust Accord
6.Cory Kilduff - LV426
7.Timothy Fife - Erotic Rites
8.Ian Alex Mac - Winona '88
9.Harglow - Candle Wax
10.worriedaboutsatan - Figures, Data
By inksb
Looks like a killer line-up! I hope I can snag one from 2HD when they put them up for sale. Any idea when that will be? Will it be the same as RSD UK or the following week like the copies going on your website?
By Dollarhyde
Some nice records coming out for RSD Japan

http://recordstoreday.jp/itemyear/item2018/

A few personal highlights.

Branded to Kill OST

Electro Keyboard Orchestra LP

Sexy Synthesizer 45 (not a VGOST but nice sounding early chiptune music.

Looks like there are some other nice Japanese exclusives in their also
Attachments
殺しの烙印-オリジナル・サウンドトラック.jpg
殺しの烙印-オリジナル・サウンドトラック.jpg (528.96 KiB) Viewed 4983 times
By texasvinyl
I might be getting up early and braving the crowds..

Got my eye on Piper mono pressing, those two tasty Grant Green records (although god damn they are *stupid* expensive...why...), Blue Planet II Zimmer OST, and just for Mateo the Phish Billy Breathes and Grateful Dead Fillmore West '69 releases. And Baby Huey. And probably the Zeppelin and Hendrix 7", but definitely the Demon Fuzz 7" if my store gets a copy. And maybe Planet Terror. Basically will see what's available and how much of a sucker I feel like.
By texasvinyl
Got here at 2am. There are already at least 50 people here. First guy showed up at 4pm yesterday. Wtf
By texasvinyl
If anyone in the states finds either Grant Green record or Billy Breathes can you snag for me? All gone by the time I got in.
By Chuggers
don't generally make it out for this, and I came up empty today when I tried...but I'm extremely interested in the OWS Florian Fricke Mozart release...such late notice, but if there's a chance anyone out there hears my pleas....let me know!
By texasvinyl
Caved and bought the Grant Green records on eBay. Oops.

This Postales soundtrack is good, I'm digging it for sure. Even came with an actual MoFi inner sleeve which is cool, numbered and in a tip-on gatefold, and it was a lot cheaper than some of the other stuff (the Morricone was $44!).

Baby Huey is really nice as well, remastered from original tapes with a second LP of instrumental stuff. Stoughton tip-on gatefold jacket, liner notes, pictures and a bonus slipmat.
Attachments
IMG_20180421_132453254.jpg
IMG_20180421_132453254.jpg (4.33 MiB) Viewed 4597 times
By texasvinyl
Excellent stuff here.
Attachments
IMG_20180421_161155760_LL.jpg
IMG_20180421_161155760_LL.jpg (3.88 MiB) Viewed 4580 times
By DigitalHiss
I got to my store 45 mins after the line of people got in and did their thing.

I got the BÖC Rarities 2 LP (no signed promo inside though!) . Last copy there and was kind of hidden from view ( I missed it in my first pass..).

Goblin - Squadra Antigangsters was there - grabbed it. Also saw two copies of the Enter the Dragon LP ($25 each) but held off. I’m sure these will be around for a long while.

Hit another place after that which was picked clean. Left with nothing.

Grabbed the two Doris Norton LPs on eBay for the price they were going for in shops.

Also grabbed the Burning Witches Communion comp and the Morricone LP (long Italian name..can’t go wrong with the ‘Cone..) from Two Headed Dog. I’ve got an order there I placed like 6 weeks ago I haven’t heard anything about which is really pissing me off. But hey I wanted Communion..
By reddye6
DigitalHiss wrote:I got to my store 45 mins after the line of people got in and did their thing.

I got the BÖC Rarities 2 LP (no signed promo inside though!) . Last copy there and was kind of hidden from view ( I missed it in my first pass..).

Goblin - Squadra Antigangsters was there - grabbed it. Also saw two copies of the Enter the Dragon LP ($25 each) but held off. I’m sure these will be around for a long while.

Hit another place after that which was picked clean. Left with nothing.

Grabbed the two Doris Norton LPs on eBay for the price they were going for in shops.

Also grabbed the Burning Witches Communion comp and the Morricone LP (long Italian name..can’t go wrong with the ‘Cone..) from Two Headed Dog. I’ve got an order there I placed like 6 weeks ago I haven’t heard anything about which is really pissing me off. But hey I wanted Communion..
For US folks, Communion is also on pre-order at Light in the Attic. That is where I ordered mine.

Ended up getting in the shops Swans 2-LPS, Godfathers of Hardcore OST LP, Goat "Double Date" OST 10", and Doris Norton "Personal Computer." Ended up ordering for correct prices the Communion, Le Matos "Coming Soon," "Ganja & Hess" OST, and SURVIVE "RR7400." Oh, and Piero Umiliani.