General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:What’s people’s preferred Fellini scores?
La Dolce Vita (The Best)

then in no particular order:
La Strada
Toby Dammit
Plein Soleil
A Quiet Place to Kill
Amarcord
Juliet of the Spirits
The Godfather
8 1/2
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:What’s people’s preferred Fellini scores?
La Dolce Vita (The Best)

then in no particular order:
La Strada
Toby Dammit
Plein Soleil
A Quiet Place to Kill
Amarcord
Juliet of the Spirits
The Godfather
8 1/2
By maxlevel
Nice! Is there a definitive La Dolce Vita score on wax? I see there’s a remaster deluxe CD collection from 2017 but also a remaster on iTunes from 2012 and a series of represses over the years
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:Nice! Is there a definitive La Dolce Vita score on wax? I see there’s a remaster deluxe CD collection from 2017 but also a remaster on iTunes from 2012 and a series of represses over the years
There's no wax edition of that expanded Quartet CD yet...I'd bet on MOV tackling it at some point?

I have a very old, funky and truly beloved first press of the RCA Victor/US edition, beautiful sleeve art of some hot Anita Ekberg/pussy action, and lovely pasteboard sleeve. Which I adore, surface noise n'all. It replaces a copy of same that an ex-gf stole. Yes....STOLE!!! :-/
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:
maxlevel wrote:Nice! Is there a definitive La Dolce Vita score on wax? I see there’s a remaster deluxe CD collection from 2017 but also a remaster on iTunes from 2012 and a series of represses over the years
There's no wax edition of that expanded Quartet CD yet...I'd bet on MOV tackling it at some point?

I have a very old, funky and truly beloved first press of the RCA Victor/US edition, beautiful sleeve art of some hot Anita Ekberg/pussy action, and lovely pasteboard sleeve. Which I adore, surface noise n'all. It replaces a copy of same that an ex-gf stole. Yes....STOLE!!! :-/
Stole you say? And she's available too? Hmm...
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
ScoJo wrote:

Stole you say? And she's available too? Hmm...
I still carry the scars of that one, and the list of EVERY lp she half-inched, right next to my cold black heart...

But I do wish her well.

By Mateo Sanboval
First rate gifwerk. And great use of "half-inch". I'm a troublingly happily married man now, but in my day I never shied away from a lady with whisper fingers. 'Course no one's ever laid a finger on my butterfinger--er--I mean records. That shit's cold blooded.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:First rate gifwerk. And great use of "half-inch". I'm a troublingly happily married man now, but in my day I never shied away from a lady with whisper fingers. 'Course no one's ever laid a finger on my butterfinger--er--I mean records. That shit's cold blooded.
Yep...a real case of 'here come the bride (of darkness)' that one....

Buyer beware. The package was sure pretty, but oooohhh.....the regret.

*All in jest of course- besides her fast-fingered fondness for my wax, she was a good (yet damaged) soul like most of us, and my over fondness for her just brought out the Velociraptor I guess. It happens. C'est la vie, La Guerre Sexuelle eh?!