General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:36 pm @ink - what is that? I suspect vapor wave.
You suspicions are correct. I'm not really into vaporwave but I enjoy a few releases here and there. This one pushes more towards ambient than the normal cut and splice mentality of standard vaporwave and has some hints of SNES style music mixed in too.

Check it out here - https://vill4in.bandcamp.com/album/void-004
By bpwlogan
20200422_172338~2.jpg
20200422_172338~2.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 3654 times
I was expecting a great 2nd drop after the first Audioslave release Inksb but what a total disappointment that album was.
By bpwlogan
20200422_172710~2.jpg
20200422_172710~2.jpg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 3645 times
This album got crapped on when it was released but I really like it. I'm probably partial to R.E.M. though because I've lived in the state of Georgia for a good portion of my life. This is a DJ promo that I snagged from a coworker while working at Backstreet Atlanta way back when.
By tim28212
bpwlogan wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:25 am 20200422_172710~2.jpg

This album got crapped on when it was released but I really like it. I'm probably partial to R.E.M. though because I've lived in the state of Georgia for a good portion of my life. This is a DJ promo that I snagged from a coworker while working at Backstreet Atlanta way back when.
This stayed on the table a bit when it was released. I may need to pull it out again.
By bpwlogan
It's really a great spring time spin Tim. I know it's not their regular kind of stuff but I get a kick out of it for sure when I drop it on the table.
By inksb
Love this album so much, it never gets very far from the table.

I'm glad I picked this on up randomly in the used "electronic" bin, I had never heard it but it was definitely a great blind buy. I listen to it way more than I expected it.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:20 pm The Mars Volta
The Bedlam in Goliath

I need to listen to The Mars Volta again. I remember loving their music around the early 2000s.
By chiefbrody
bpwlogan wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:25 am 20200422_172710~2.jpg

I'm a massive R.E.M. fan. They're one of those bands that I'd not allow myself to not like one of their albums when it came out. As a big Beach Boys fan, too, I think Reveal is the album that I expected to like far more than I did/do. Imitation of Life was a great single, and there are a few songs that I still like a lot on it, but I rarely revisit Reveal. Maybe it's time.

It certainly wasn't crapped on as much as Around the Sun, which I liked a fair amount at the time, but have revised that downwards! I think Up is maybe the latest of their albums that I like as much now as I did at the time.
By inksb
Ghostface Killah - Bulletproof Wallets [Clean Version]
I picked this up for a couple bucks on discogs recently. I know it's weird to buy the clean version I actually originally just scrolled past it but ended up clicking on it due to it's price eventually. Well come to find out after I clicked on it, it contains two of the cut songs from the actual album release, The Sun ft. Raekwon, RZA & Slick Rick (one of the best songs from the recording sessions), Good Times ft. Raekwon (another good cut track) and a few tracks with alternate mixes. If it wasn't so expensive I would get an "original" version of Bulletproof Wallets cut to lathe but it would be a double LP and I don't want to spend that money on it. Uncensored versions of these tracks showed up on the comp Hidden Darts but that's CD only as far as I know. It's kind of weird listening to the Clean version but hey I get to hear these two tracks on the album they were intended for so it's worth the couple $$ I threw at it.

By texasvinyl
One of blockheads best, sample based instrumental hip hop
Attachments
IMG_20200430_094120~2.jpg
IMG_20200430_094120~2.jpg (891.37 KiB) Viewed 3410 times
By bpwlogan
chiefbrody wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:57 pm

I'm a massive R.E.M. fan. They're one of those bands that I'd not allow myself to not like one of their albums when it came out. As a big Beach Boys fan, too, I think Reveal is the album that I expected to like far more than I did/do. Imitation of Life was a great single, and there are a few songs that I still like a lot on it, but I rarely revisit Reveal. Maybe it's time.

It certainly wasn't crapped on as much as Around the Sun, which I liked a fair amount at the time, but have revised that downwards! I think Up is maybe the latest of their albums that I like as much now as I did at the time.
I'll have to give Around the Sun a revisit Chief I have it on CD but it's been a while. Still play Monster, New Adventure in Hi-Fi, and Accelerate the most out of their mid to later records.
By tim28212
Tangerine Dream ‎– Ricochet
Virgin International ‎– VI 2044
Attachments
P5023578.JPG
P5023578.JPG (212.78 KiB) Viewed 3327 times