General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Another great post @bpwlogan I only discovered Earthling last year and was blown away by it. I need to find a copy to add the collection.

As for Ghostface, I don't actually like Big Doe all that much, it has a few good tracks on it but that was the first Ghostface album I felt I didn't really love front to back, at the time he was on fire. But once Ghostdini released I was like "oh, well I like Big Doe way more than this". I have always kicked myself for not picking up Supreme Clientele on vinyl, seems the price is going up these days. I used to have Ironman but can't find it anywhere. Although over the years I definitely bought way more Wu-Tang albums on CD than vinyl. I have been contemplating going back and picking up a bunch of that stuff that I missed.

I had the desire to listen to some Prince this morning so I spun these back to back

By bpwlogan
Nice Prince spin Inksb much love for him here in the TC. I just have Big Doe on CD and if I find one on vinyl below $10 or so picking through used vinyl around this town I'll probably snag it. I just have Supreme and Ironman on cassette from way back in the day. I thought Ironman had a vinyl repress by someone not sure about Supreme though. I would see used copies of Supreme 10 years ago or so back flipping through bins when I was living in Detroit but that's the last I've ever seen of them. Good luck hunting one down for your collection.
By tim28212
Bon Jovi ‎– Slippery When Wet
Mercury ‎– 830 264-1 M-1
Attachments
P4153491.JPG
P4153491.JPG (324.61 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
By Dollarhyde
Need more hosono in my life @inks what are you top few hosono lps? I have Hosono House only, really want to pick up Philharmony.

Now spinning.
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:08 am Need more hosono in my life @inks what are you top few hosono lps? I have Hosono House only, really want to pick up Philharmony.
Philharmony is a great choice, I would definitely grab that one.

My favorites would probably be

Hosono House
Pacific (probably my absolute favorite)
Paraiso (there's one song I really don't care for but the rest is excellent, reissue from Japan is easy to find but around $45)
Philharmony (reissue from Japan is easy to find but around $45)
Bon Voyage (this is really fun but usually run $100 plus for a copy)

I like a bunch of stuff from the 80's and into the early 90's but it's not for everyone and it gets really expensive for a lot of these as they haven't received any reissues and Hosono's popularity is kind of at an all time high.

You should definitely check out his newest album Hochono House, he revisited his first album and re-recorded it. I'm usually not into that type of thing but it's a beautiful album. One of his major issues with his debut is his vocals, he was never happy with them. He does a good job rearranging the songs in new and exciting ways. It's a great album.
By Dollarhyde
Thanks inks, will have to check it. The track "Beast and Rose"? is incredible on Hosono House one of the main reasons I copped the LP.

Also adding pacific to the list.
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:06 pm Thanks inks, will have to check it. The track "Beast and Rose"? is incredible on Hosono House one of the main reasons I copped the LP.

Also adding pacific to the list.
I'm pretty sure this is a bootleg or unofficial pressing but OG copies go for absurd money and this pressing sounds pretty damn good. And it's super cheap.

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/haruomi ... 642436-01/
By tim28212
Meco ‎– Superman And Other Galactic Heroes
Casablanca ‎– NBLP 7136
Attachments
P4183507.JPG
P4183507.JPG (211.58 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
By tim28212
mail day!
R.E.M. ‎– Up
Warner Bros. Records ‎– 9 47112-1
a BIN steal on ebay last week, happy to finally add it to my collection
Attachments
P4203516.JPG
P4203516.JPG (217.94 KiB) Viewed 3928 times
By bpwlogan
Great R.E.M. spin Tim glad you got one for your collection at a steal it seems like the last four studio albums by them on vinyl are tough to pick up at a decent price. Enjoy!
By bpwlogan
20200413_193425~2.jpg
20200413_193425~2.jpg (2.26 MiB) Viewed 3866 times
The first Saturday after his death in downtown Minneapolis Inks was off the hook out of control. One of the craziest night I've ever seen. Life is way too short.
By bpwlogan
20200422_000455~2.jpg
20200422_000455~2.jpg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 3860 times
Great album and I really liked everything they put out overall. First album was the best but this one comes in close. Another life lost too soon for sure.
By inksb
bpwlogan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:12 am Great album and I really liked everything they put out overall. First album was the best but this one comes in close. Another life lost too soon for sure.
I have a weird thing with Audioslave, I was a massive Rage Against the Machine fan in the 90's. When they broke up I was really bummed out, then they announced this project with Chris on vocals and I was confused. I wanted to hate them but their first album was actually pretty damn good. I didn't want to like it at all but I bought the CD and it was in my car for quite a few months. To this day I don't really revisit very often but definitely respect what they did. Chris definitely left us too soon.

This album I can't get enough of. It's probably one of my favorite blind buys of the year. It's just such a relaxing listen with all sorts of little elements that come together to make me quite happy.