General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Kev Brown & J Scienide - Stray From the Pack

This one caught me off guard. I've never really heard Kev Brown or J, but this has that 90s boom bap duo feel to it. Definitely check it out if you're a fan of EPMD, Mobb Deep, Gang Starr. It's a nice blend of old and new with out feeling just like a copy of the old.

[look at that dust on my Technics, I need to clean that up]
By Hatter313
CrossedPete wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:22 pmimage.jpg
I wound up with two copies of this somehow, one with this cover print and one with the regular. I honestly can’t remember how. Good record
By CrossedPete
Hatter313 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:57 am
I wound up with two copies of this somehow, one with this cover print and one with the regular. I honestly can’t remember how. Good record
Curious did you pick up the new release from mondo?
By reddye6
Gigi Masin & Jonny Nash - Postcards From Nowhere LP
Attachments
IMG_1167.jpg
IMG_1167.jpg (112.52 KiB) Viewed 1839 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Nice to see Synergy and GG Masin up in here.
By Hatter313
CrossedPete wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:20 pm
So I think I got the initial release from them, and then at mondocon in 2019 I was in end of an ear in Austin and I think I bought my other copy there, forgetting I had it at home already.

Of did you mean the new album? Yeah I did, haven’t listened yet.
By CrossedPete
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:34 pm

So I think I got the initial release from them, and then at mondocon in 2019 I was in end of an ear in Austin and I think I bought my other copy there, forgetting I had it at home already.

I was talking about Ninja Eliminator Trilogy but I guess it’s still hasn’t been released yet haha

For that Coming soon my copy says it’s a random colour vinyl. What colour did you get? Mine is a purplely colour.
By Hatter313
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:12 pm

I was talking about Ninja Eliminator Trilogy but I guess it’s still hasn’t been released yet haha

For that Coming soon my copy says it’s a random colour vinyl. What colour did you get? Mine is a purplely colour.
Ah ok, i though maybe you meant the exode score

I just opened my color one actually, i guess i never did which is rare for me. mine is green, number 227

and i have number 444 of the black. i should probably move one of these.
By CrossedPete
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:48 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:12 pm

Ah ok, i though maybe you meant the exode score

I just opened my color one actually, i guess i never did which is rare for me. mine is green, number 227

and i have number 444 of the black. i should probably move one of these.
II guess I missed Exode. Didn’t know about it til now. I’ll have to check it out.

I forgot Coming Soon was numbered. I have #312.

I’m kinda a sucker for numbered releases. It’s such a small gimmick that really sucks me in. When mondo released a bunch of one off stuff they found laying last year I grabbed a copy of The Bogeyman and got #300/300. I’m sure I have some lower #’s as well but I would have to look for them. I think my lowest numbered item is a Jeff Lemire art print. I think I have #14 or so.
By Hatter313
I have #1 of a bunch of the early Cadabra releases, not sure what else I’ve got lying around here but I have a few.
By CrossedPete
Wow a bunch of #1s that’s awesome. I always assume company’s save or give to friends key #s so it’s awesome to hear if someone actually has what I would assume is a record that is first if the press. :)
By Hatter313
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:25 pm Wow a bunch of #1s that’s awesome. I always assume company’s save or give to friends key #s so it’s awesome to hear if someone actually has what I would assume is a record that is first if the press. :)
Yeah, I was his first customer when he launched and his first subscriber as well, so everything in that first lovecraft sub I have #1 of. I’ve had to pull back on so many releases from all labels lately but I have pretty much everything from his first few years.
By Mateo Sanboval

One of my favorite "classic" rock albums. This is the Kevin Gray / Steve Hoffman remaster. Dead quiet and just as lovely.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:03 pm Image

One of my favorite "classic" rock albums. This is the Kevin Gray / Steve Hoffman remaster. Dead quiet and just as lovely.
You're after my heart here, @mateo.

Saw Johnny Echols playing this LP a couple of years ago, with members of Baby Lemonade (who backed Arthur when he first returned to shows in the early 2000s). It was a special time. Saw Arthur himself in the mid-2000s a few times, including when he toured with a small orchestra on the Forever Changes tour, which was everything you imagine it was.
By reddye6
1939 Ensemble - New Cinema LP
Attachments
IMG_1173.jpg
IMG_1173.jpg (244.15 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:26 am
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:03 pm Image

You're after my heart here, @mateo.

Saw Johnny Echols playing this LP a couple of years ago, with members of Baby Lemonade (who backed Arthur when he first returned to shows in the early 2000s). It was a special time. Saw Arthur himself in the mid-2000s a few times, including when he toured with a small orchestra on the Forever Changes tour, which was everything you imagine it was.
And I imagine it was a lot. Those sound like wonderful times, my friend. It's a truly transcendant album.
By inksb
Benny the Butcher & Harry Fraud - The Plugs I Met II

Harry Fraud has some nice production on here, sounds a little strange hearing Benny over more trap style beats but it works. The cover art is terrible, not only is it uninspired but they couldn't be bothered to center the artwork, even the fake ring wear is off center lol. It's a project I bought blindly with out hearing before hand and probably would not have picked it up if I had listened prior. Oh well, you win some and lose some, I do like the instrumentals on the b-side quite a bit. It's too bad they crammed way too much music on here as it's very quiet and lacks dynamic range.

By reddye6
Symmetry - The Messenger LP
Attachments
IMG_1175.jpg
IMG_1175.jpg (290.15 KiB) Viewed 1574 times