General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:44 pm How is that LP @revolver?

@tex & @monster I just listened to that Lee Moses album yesterday, holy hell is that incredible. I'll be picking up that from LITA in the near future.
Pretty damn good! Kinda forgot I bought it because Neoncity takes forever to ship.
By inksb
I have heard they are awful with delivering stuff even remotely close to the time frame they tell you. I've been tempted to get a tape from them a few times but due to being in HK the shipping is crazy, I don't like paying more than $15 for a single tape.

I spun this a few times this weekend, it's one of my favorite hip-hop albums.

By tim28212
Heavy Rotation
Ben Platt ‎– Sing To Me Instead
Atlantic ‎– 587552-2
Attachments
P5262833.JPG
P5262833.JPG (246.26 KiB) Viewed 2582 times
By tim28212
early mono 6-eye pressing
Miles Davis ‎– 'Round About Midnight
Columbia ‎– CL 949
Attachments
P6152861.jpg
P6152861.jpg (214.83 KiB) Viewed 2522 times
By tim28212
a break from the nature gone bad scores
Janet Jackson ‎– Janet.
Virgin ‎– V 2720
Attachments
P6152866.jpg
P6152866.jpg (260.07 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
By inksb
I like that Sailorwave II album but I just couldn't justify the price as I know I wouldn't listen to it nearly as much as I should.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:26 pm I like that Sailorwave II album but I just couldn't justify the price as I know I wouldn't listen to it nearly as much as I should.
Yeah, kind of pricey, yet shipped from HK, it's still cheaper than most UK shipments.
By Oiche
Listening to cassettes from long long ago made me dig out this double lp. 1993 trancey sci-fi techno - still fresh as f**k.
By Oiche
@deafmetal - sweet and prompts me to this. bloody hell, I was calling it a night... sucked back in... The kids will have me up at 5am.
By deafmetal
@Oiche - hell yes, ripping Saturday night! That Earache comp is such a marker of the era. I had actually just pulled the Morbid Angel and Bolt Thrower albums out of the archive.

ImageDisharmonic Orchestra - Not To Be Undimensional Conscious
By inksb
I have had a stack of records sitting on my table for a few months that need to be cleaned really bad. Well I finally had some free time this afternoon so I decided to clean them finally and this was one of them. The record is beat up so bad but it's a fun listen. Hearing Ob la di Ob la da on a Moog is enjoyable. There's nothing really special to most of the compositions but it's a good $3 purchase.

This album was shared with me a few months ago digitally and I really enjoyed it, I looked up the LP on discogs only to discover it's highly sought after and sells for $150+ which immediately removed my interest in getting a physical copy. Not really sure how I stumbled up on this last week but some guy out of Florida is selling an "unofficial" release on ebay and discogs, it's obviously a bootleg but I have no idea where it came from and who made it. There is no info, it's just a repro of the original. It was $20 so I bought it just to see what it sounds like. Honestly the pressing came out really good, I assume it's just taken from the CD master but it's a good clean pressing with no issues. I'll happily take this over an OG for the price, I'll buy an official one if it ever receives a repressing but this is good for now.

Chiemi Manabe - 不思議・少女 (Mysterious Girl)
By Dollarhyde
inksb wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:10 am I have had a stack of records sitting on my table for a few months that need to be cleaned really bad. Well I finally had some free time this afternoon so I decided to clean them finally and this was one of them. The record is beat up so bad but it's a fun listen. Hearing Ob la di Ob la da on a Moog is enjoyable. There's nothing really special to most of the compositions but it's a good $3 purchase.

This album was shared with me a few months ago digitally and I really enjoyed it, I looked up the LP on discogs only to discover it's highly sought after and sells for $150+ which immediately removed my interest in getting a physical copy. Not really sure how I stumbled up on this last week but some guy out of Florida is selling an "unofficial" release on ebay and discogs, it's obviously a bootleg but I have no idea where it came from and who made it. There is no info, it's just a repro of the original. It was $20 so I bought it just to see what it sounds like. Honestly the pressing came out really good, I assume it's just taken from the CD master but it's a good clean pressing with no issues. I'll happily take this over an OG for the price, I'll buy an official one if it ever receives a repressing but this is good for now.

Chiemi Manabe - 不思議・少女 (Mysterious Girl)
That age of electronicus, although cheap, is a Moog classic, one of the best. Is that the gatefold?
The cover of give it up or turn it loose is particularly brilliant.

How is the whole LP of mystery girl? I know there is one killer tune on there, but for some reason I had the thought the rest of the LP was not as good. I have the og in my wantlist but as you say the price has always been too much.
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:31 am That age of electronicus, although cheap, is a Moog classic, one of the best. Is that the gatefold?
The cover of give it up or turn it loose is particularly brilliant.

How is the whole LP of mystery girl? I know there is one killer tune on there, but for some reason I had the thought the rest of the LP was not as good. I have the og in my wantlist but as you say the price has always been too much.
Yup it has a gatefold.

As for Mystery Girl, I really enjoy the album. It's a lot of fun, if you haven't heard the whole thing it is on youtube or I can send you the mp3's. You should give it a listen. It's a light and breezy album and I think some other big names in the Japanese music community worked on it too like Akiko Yano.
By deafmetal
@inks - I’m down with Moog covers of just about anything.

ImageMorbid Angel - Altars of Madness

Still grinding over here. Artwork by Dan Seagrave on this one.