General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
Recent spins welcoming in the warmer weather.
One of my favourite Marvin, and Tammy, records and Probably the best 'walk on by' cover on that Isaac Hayes LP.
Also forgot what a great all round LP that Mandrill album is essential!
By NathanLurker
Yesterday, Mortiis played in Montreal. I picked up a few new releases.

A repress from the Blood and Thunder single. originally a 7'' with two tracks, now on single sided 12'' with 2 additional tracks and etching on side B.

Repress of Mortiis' side project ''Fata Morgana''
By inksb

A great release from Ship To Shore. First time I've ordered directly from them and had no issues. Sound quality is pretty good on first listen but I was moving around the house while listening and not able to dedicate time to tell how good the actual pressing is. I'll throw on some headphones hopefully tonight or tomorrow and give a deeper dive. It's a great album though, I've been listening to a it a lot digitally over the last month or so.
By NathanLurker

A bootleg from 2009. Didn't know it was a boot when I ordered it originally. There's never been another volume in this "classics" series. "Chime" and "Belfast" on side 2.
By inksb

Ryuichi Sakamoto ‎– 音楽図鑑 (Illustrated Musical Encyclopedia)

This album is amazing. I received it yesterday and listened to it 4 times in a row. I ordered it from discogs and it shipped from Japan to my doorstep in under a week. The LP itself has a little bit of crackle in it's opening grooves on side one, outside of the first 5 seconds the record is flawless. The jacket obviously has some yellowing and discoleration as you can see in the photo but outside of that it's in decent condition, came with a perfect obi, has bonus 7" with two extra tracks as well.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:57 pm Image

Ryuichi Sakamoto ‎– 音楽図鑑 (Illustrated Musical Encyclopedia)

This album is amazing. I received it yesterday and listened to it 4 times in a row. I ordered it from discogs and it shipped from Japan to my doorstep in under a week. The LP itself has a little bit of crackle in it's opening grooves on side one, outside of the first 5 seconds the record is flawless. The jacket obviously has some yellowing and discoleration as you can see in the photo but outside of that it's in decent condition, came with a perfect obi, has bonus 7" with two extra tracks as well.
This looks really nice. I know too little about all these Japanese composers but I am going to get those Light in the Attic releases to get to know a bit more.
By ChrisMcQueen007
inksb wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:33 pm It's been a really fun rabbit hole for me to fall down recently. It's quite refreshing.
Yes, and it can be am expensive rabbit hole, so great that there are some quality reissues from WRWTFWW (incl. We release Jazz), LITA, Wewantsounds, and some others. But of course an OG pressing with OBI has its own charm.
By inksb
Yeah I really want Casiopea's 1979 S/T album with the race car album art but damn does that one go for quite a bit. I need to keep my unreasonable desires in check with some of this stuff (just like Italian soundtracks). What do you recommend for reissues from WRWTFWW? I have Akiko Yano's Japanese Girl on the way and plan on getting Tadaima. and Iroha Ni Konpeitou.
By ChrisMcQueen007
inksb wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:25 pm Yeah I really want Casiopea's 1979 S/T album with the race car album art but damn does that one go for quite a bit. I need to keep my unreasonable desires in check with some of this stuff (just like Italian soundtracks). What do you recommend for reissues from WRWTFWW? I have Akiko Yano's Japanese Girl on the way and plan on getting Tadaima. and Iroha Ni Konpeitou.
I would say that if you don't already have it (as Palto Flats put it out in the US) "Through the Looking Glass" is very much worth owning. WRWTFWW put out several albums by Midori Takada and Mkwaju Ensemble (of which she was a member) Through the Looking Glass is the best imo. Kakashi by Shimizu is also a good one.
By inksb
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:47 pm I would say that if you don't already have it (as Palto Flats put it out in the US) "Through the Looking Glass" is very much worth owning. WRWTFWW put out several albums by Midori Takada and Mkwaju Ensemble (of which she was a member) Through the Looking Glass is the best imo. Kakashi by Shimizu is also a good one.
I like Kakashi, I didn't even realize there was a vinyl reissue. I may have to track that down. I'll check out Through the Looking Glass today.
By reddye6
Just got this today.
Attachments
F0BB7BA4-24D8-4DDA-BB78-A6A7F080DD2C.jpeg
F0BB7BA4-24D8-4DDA-BB78-A6A7F080DD2C.jpeg (485.18 KiB) Viewed 2311 times
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:08 pm I'll check out Through the Looking Glass today.
Holy smokes, I hope you did. It's one of the oeuvre's finest works.
reddye6 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:48 am Just got this today.
Get after it!!