General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
Can someone tell me how this release sounds? Both pressing quality and score-wise?
After a quick search on here it appears that @ScoJo loves it but @Flapdoodle things the pressing is barely playable...
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote:Can someone tell me how this release sounds? Both pressing quality and score-wise?
After a quick search on here it appears that @ScoJo loves it but @Flapdoodle things the pressing is barely playable...
@Bez - my pressing is the bees tits, but I'm not the fussiest of diners when it comes to a wax platter - I have but the most basic deck/setup ;)

I'll give it another spin now with a more critical ear.....any excuse tbh!
By ScoJo
ScoJo wrote:
Bezulsqy wrote:Can someone tell me how this release sounds? Both pressing quality and score-wise?
@Bez - my pressing is the bees tits, but I'm not the fussiest of diners when it comes to a wax platter - I have but the most basic deck/setup ;)

I'll give it another spin now with a more critical ear.....any excuse tbh!
Side 1 down, sounding pretty good - loud n dynamic mastering (fuck this is a great record!) but yeah, in the quieter parts where it's just piano you can hear it's not the quietest pressing...I should probably try cleaning it! Pressing I have is on luminous/clear green vinyl, might even be the dreaded 'glow in the dark' actually?!

Did I say this record is fantastic?

Oh, it really is. It starts off like DoTD outtakes, then halfway through there's a track that sounds like Maurice Jarre's awesome music from No Way Out. Then there's a couple of piano led pieces that remind me of 'Quiet Drops' from Buio Omega - both of which always remind me in turn of Barry Devorzon's amazing unreleased score for The Ninth Configuration!

All in all, this is an LP which doesn't leave the table for a few spins once it's on :)
ScoJo wrote: Barry Devorzon's amazing unreleased score for The Ninth Configuration!
Somebody should really do something about this.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
ScoJo wrote: Barry Devorzon's amazing unreleased score for The Ninth Configuration!
San Antone, brother. San Antone.
ScoJo wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
San Antone, brother. San Antone.

Oh man, I finally got around to seeing this movie last year after hearing about it for years. Unbelievable film, the rare true “one of a kind, nothing else like it” type of movie. Jason Miller man, and everyone else.