General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By maxlevel
It’s a total money pit if you’re not careful. What I would like to try is the Chinese made valve headphone amps, £15 on Amazon. Following the engineer motto ‘shit in = shit out’ also helps alot. The source is where you start and work outward from there, listening to 320kbps on a £10k system will just make you notice how much information is missing
By skeletonbutt
inksb wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:09 pm Where is the issue? If it's the headphone jack it's pretty easy, if it's the point going into the headphones then that can be more of a challenge depending on the set of headphones. My wife accidentally busted my headphone jack on my headphones, so I just cut the wire and bought a $8 replacement from Amazon and with a little bit of patience and solder I fixed it. The wires in my headphones are insanely tiny so you it took a little longer to fix than I expected but I'm also terrible at soldering.
there's actually no audible issue so i think the wires inside are okay, it's just the black plastic casing on the outside. maybe i can replace just that? the earpieces on them can spin around and around, leading the wire's casing to get twisted and break.
By inksb
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:53 pm Buy some sugru. I use it on my cables and it works well.
Thank you for bringing this stuff to my attention. I used it on my laptop charger cord and a set of headphones that had a split in the wire casing at the jack. It seems like it's really great stuff, flexible but still firm. I'll be curious as to how it holds up over time and wear and tear but for now I'm impressed.