General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

monsterworship wrote:also really annoyed by the watermark over their images.
makes me wanna flip.
Trying to look past those oversized watermarks and focus on the record covers while scrolling through that list is makng me car sick.
These watermarks are like staring at the sun...I'm still seeing them as I look away.

Interesting bit:
ELP Brain Salad Surgery 7"...

"Replica of sought after 1973 NME covermount flexi-disc, imported from the UK for Record Store Day 2017"

40+ original copies on discogs starting at .44 cents..

I'd still snatch a RSD one up though if the price was right.
DigitalHiss wrote:These watermarks are like staring at the sun...I'm still seeing them as I look away.

Interesting bit:

"Replica of sought after 1973 NME covermount flexi-disc, imported from the UK for Record Store Day 2017"

So $0.43?
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
DigitalHiss wrote:These watermarks are like staring at the sun...I'm still seeing them as I look away.

Interesting bit:

So $0.43?
AND NOT A PENNY OVA!
By ScoJo
Here's my wants list from UK RSD:

Blade Runner (pic disc) RHINO
Ciao Manhatten LITA
The Dark Crystal ENJOY THE RIDE
Valerie and Week Wonders 7" FINDERS KEEPERS
Quatermass Pit (score) SILVA SCREEN
Quatermass Pit (electronic) SILVA SCREEN
Notturno AMS
ScoJo wrote:Here's my wants list from UK RSD:

Ciao Manhatten LITA
Notturno AMS

no Christopher Lee 10"?
By ScoJo
monsterworship wrote:
ScoJo wrote:Here's my wants list from UK RSD:

Ciao Manhatten LITA
Notturno AMS
no Christopher Lee 10"?
Didn't see that on UK list, but I'm sure I could live without if it's more Charlemagne... ;) I'mma need to get a few ono-OSTs too, particularly the Nico and the Faction LP.
I might double dip on this one if it's not too expensive. I have the numbered red vinyl from 2013, I remember buying it off of amazon at the point where it was at it's lowest cost : 16$. I have a feeling this new picture disc isn't going to be that cheap.
monsterworship wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Who's putting this out?

Atlantic Catalog Group
Thanks, man.
By Vapormeyer
Scojo! you hitting up SOUTH Record Store this RSD? I'm away so unfortunately/fortunately I won't be getting involved in all the madness. See a Bladerunner though and by all means pick me up one :)

On a separate note, surely this violates RSD code of conduct with it being a preorder/reservation? It sums up everything bad about RSD to me.
IMG_8310.PNG
IMG_8310.PNG (404.65 KiB) Viewed 4770 times
By Vapormeyer
@ScoJo
More than happy to PayPal you if you see one out in the wild. My email is vapormeyer(at)hotmail.com.
Have fun, disappointed I can't go this year and support the local record shop. Rich the owner is a real nice chap. There's only a few things I want this year though, Bladerunner being one and the other the remastered Arthur Verocai from Mr. Bongo.
By ScoJo
@Vapor -

I've never been to SOUTH (or Southend on Sea for that matter!) looks like a good store. I have my own nefarious source here in the Midlands ;) Will keep a look out in any case. That pic disc does actually look pretty rad.

SJ
I've never really paid attention to RSD...does each shop get a bunch of random RSD releases or do they have to order what they want to sell?

Between working Saturdays and not liking crowds all that much I've usually avoided RSD..