General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Aremagod
No Flower Travelin' Band for me today and that was high on my list.....scored Goblin (even at the crazy price of $43), Pink Floyd, Def Leppard E.P., Zappa and I have The Time, the Bollywood Psych years comp, and the Rush - Cygus X-1 parts 1 & 2 held at my local after the day was over that I'll grab next week.
By abedunk
In line at Easy Street Records in West Seattle 30 minutes before their 7am opening, only able to grab The Cars live 2xLP, Cure 2xLP acoustic pic disc, and Wipers debut single reissue. Then drove down to Silver Platters in SoDo where a 80 minute wait for their 9am opening did the trick: Thelonious Monk 2xLP, Wes Montgomery live in Seattle, Ciao! Manhattan Soundtrack, Blade Runner OST pic disc and amazing hexogonal Andromeda Strain OST. Kept my list small and hit the jackpot.
Attachments
strain open.jpg
strain open.jpg (121.56 KiB) Viewed 5338 times
strain closed.jpg
strain closed.jpg (53.6 KiB) Viewed 5338 times
By reddye6
monsterworship wrote:
reddye6 wrote:
monsterworship wrote:I highly recommend picking up the Flower Travelin Band - Anywhere reissue. Amazing Japanese psych record, covers of Black Sabbath, king crimson etc.
Original prices are bonkers.

I got everything I wanted and helped out a few people too.

I went to 5 record stores within 2 hours time, fun. Got lots of great new and used records and this year I didn't buy any records that are gonna sit around in shrink.

earth day, pffft, I've left a sweet carbon footprint today driving around buying vinyl.
Were you mainly in Pittsburgh for RSD? If so, which stores did you hit?
Yeah only Pittsburgh.

The Attic is the best store for RSD.
I also hit up Eides and 3 The Exchanges.
I don't know The Attic or the Exchanges. Where is The Attic? When I used to live in Pittsburgh, there were two Eides -- one in downtown and one in Squirrel Hill. There was also Jim's Records (which is what Karl Hendricks took over, right?) and Jerry's Records. For a short time there was also another record store in Squirrel Hill that catered to experimental music (Manny Theiner I think ran that one). I'd love to go back and visit. I haven't been there since I left in 1993.
abedunk wrote:In line at Easy Street Records in West Seattle 30 minutes before their 7am opening, only able to grab The Cars live 2xLP, Cure 2xLP acoustic pic disc, and Wipers debut single reissue. Then drove down to Silver Platters in SoDo where a 80 minute wait for their 9am opening did the trick: Thelonious Monk 2xLP, Wes Montgomery live in Seattle, Ciao! Manhattan Soundtrack, Blade Runner OST pic disc and amazing hexogonal Andromeda Strain OST. Kept my list small and hit the jackpot.
That's a nice haul, Abe. Well played. I want to pick up the Wes Montgomery as well. Will have to look into the Monk release; I was unaware of it.
By Chuggers
Didn't make it out myself, bad timing for an eleven hour work day. I did a bit of cheating and ordered the OWS title I was after from Two Headed Dog....but for anyone interested. Modern Vinyl has a list of not only RSD deals, but times and dates Amoeba and some of the others are listing their leftover RSD titles....

http://modern-vinyl.com/2017/04/21/rsd-2017-the-deals/
By texasvinyl
Snagged The Meters 3LP singles comp and ordered a copy of the new Drumetrics record. Looks like they did an awesome job with Andromeda Strain! Looks much cleaner and sturdier than my old copy
The Attic is in Millvale neighborhood, it has been around for 30 years.

The exchange is local used cd/DVD/video game/vinyl store chain.

Jerrys is my spot for used OST.

There is only one Eides downtown I frequent it for comics and movies.

Jims turned into Soundcat (Karl Hendricks era) now Juke Records. Unfortunately Karl Hendricks passed away last month from a long bout with cancer.

If u or anyone else here ever visit let me know and I can send a list of all current shops. I'm guessing there are at least 10. Which is pretty cool for such a small city.
By J.R.
Well I could actually get to a record shop, but I knew that one of my regular stores would have some stuff posted by Monday morning, so today I ordered Doctor Who and the Pescatons and the Gerard Way Picture disc. I know not going there is against the who ethos of record store day, but it is what it is.

Sometimes I have to work to get the money to pay for the records.
By reddye6
skeletonbutt wrote:
blindguy wrote:Anyone see any online US stores with Metropolis hanging around?
I can't find it anywhere but would also like to know.
Bullmoose has a few in stock at their stores. Their RSD stock will be released for online purchase tomorrow morning, April 24, at 10 am Eastern.
Great to see that everyone seems to have found something nice on Saturday.

My local store did not have any scores left when I went there except for Blade Runner which I already own. Very happy with the Marcos Valle repress that I scored, the music just puts this great big smile on my face.
reddye6 wrote:
skeletonbutt wrote:
blindguy wrote:Anyone see any online US stores with Metropolis hanging around?
I can't find it anywhere but would also like to know.
Bullmoose has a few in stock at their stores. Their RSD stock will be released for online purchase tomorrow morning, April 24, at 10 am Eastern.
Damn, they won't ship to me in Canada.
Went out today to one shop today with a short list of rsd stuff in my head to look for...mostly picked over. They had about 4 copies of Blade Runner for $23 each (I bought one) and one copy of Andromeda Strain for $50 (didn't buy). Was on the lookout for the Townes Van Zandt live LP mainly...it will turn up eventually.