General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Aremagod wrote:
static14 wrote:@Jimmy I think they're talking Andromeda Strain.
The re-issue is going to be pricey according to the info I've seen.
Interesting. If so, I wonder what pricey means in this instance? I regularly see copies of the hexagonal original priced at $100, but I wonder how deep the pool of interested people in this reissue really is. Yeah, I said wonder twice in two sentences; not going to fix it. I suspect the pool gets even more shallow at the $40 mark. Especially since this is an older film and not a hot property. Also, if the original sleeve design is being used, I'm guessing it's not one of the big four releasing it. So that lessays the blind (faith) buys even further. Does anyone know who's putting this out?
By Aremagod
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Aremagod wrote:
static14 wrote:@Jimmy I think they're talking Andromeda Strain.
The re-issue is going to be pricey according to the info I've seen.
Interesting. If so, I wonder what pricey means in this instance? I regularly see copies of the hexagonal original priced at $100, but I wonder how deep the pool of interested people in this reissue really is. Yeah, I said wonder twice in two sentences; not going to fix it. I suspect the pool gets even more shallow at the $40 mark. Especially since this is an older film and not a hot property. Also, if the original sleeve design is being used, I'm guessing it's not one of the big four releasing it. So that lessays the blind (faith) buys even further. Does anyone know who's putting this out?
According to my unnamed sources that may or may not exist.....it will be the original packaging with the fold out sleeve and the hexagonal record and msrp is around $60. I don't work in the industry but I know some people. It'll still be cheaper than finding a decent OG but still pricey for a single record no matter how unique it is.....saying that I did buy the deluxe The Thing so who am I to say what's pricey.
Appreciate the info, Aremagod. That's what I find surprising (again, if this comes to fruition). It seems to me, encroaching on The Thing deluxe pricing for a far less marketable or well-known property could leave a lot unsold. On the other hand, perhaps whomever is releasing this took fan interest into account and pressed these in short number. That could obiously factor into the pricing as well.
static14 wrote:Thanks for the info @armegod. I've passed on very nice copies or the original at that price.
Same.
334578rpm wrote:
static14 wrote:
334578rpm wrote:Image
Please be John Murphy's Sunshine! Or Zodiac. either way.
Spoiler
initially read that as the 10th anniversary of a particular movie ost they were releasing but now realize that it refers to the 10th anniversary of RSD.
By 334578rpm
Seems the Popol Vuh and Metavari releases will mark the return of OWS:
2017/04/22 Popol Vuh 2017RSD - Cobra Verde (1987 Score) Soundtracks 041898188845 ONE WAY STATIC LP OWS16
2017/04/22 Metavari 2017RSD - Metropolis (2LP/Dlx) (An Original Re-Score by Metavari) Soundtracks 045079825178 ONE WAY STATIC LP OWS17

Also, a couple Dagored releases:
2017/04/22 Pregadio, Roberto / Romano Mussolini 2017RSD - Satanik OST (ltd transparent red vinyl) Soundtracks 8013252732386 DAGORED LP RED238
2017/04/22 Pregadio, Roberto / Romano Mussolini 2017RSD - Kriminal OST (ltd transparent yellow vinyl) Soundtracks 8013252732393 DAGORED LP RED239
334578rpm wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Who's putting out that dang Andromeda Strain?
Jackpot Records...
Interesting.