General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By jgibbs4053
I just found a sealed copy of Big Trouble in Little China that I bought from Oldies months ago. I just opened to find that it's warped as hell. Any suggestions on trying to flatten it or should I just consider it a loss?
By ScoJo
^ wisdom on this is to try the 'sandwich between some large+heavy books' for a few weeks, before attempting the crazier 'between panes of glass in the oven' malarky!
Good luck fella - too nice a record to write off.
By jgibbs4053
I just found out my local store has a vinyl flattener so I'll prob end up using it. Thanks for the info everyone
By chiefbrody
I wish there was a service like that local to me.

I bought a copy from Oldies too. It's not too warped, but I think it's the thinnest record I have, without doubt.

I got a record clamp, which helps, but by its nature, it only really helps with one side (when the centre is off the platter).
By monsterworship
Yeah I stopped buying from oldies.com. its cheap for a reason.

also I've found that they reshrink wrap some of their stuff, I've opened stuff up where the vinyl had crazy scratches obviously played, i'm not the only one.
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote:Yeah I stopped buying from oldies.com. its cheap for a reason.

also I've found that they reshrink wrap some of their stuff, I've opened stuff up where the vinyl had crazy scratches obviously played, i'm not the only one.
#protip