General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Jimmy_Mike
Gents, I know there used to be a solid French contingent on here. I'm hoping you're still lurking.

I'll be in Paris next month and would greatly appreciate some recommendations. I'm staying in the Latin Quarter. I know I could look online, but its a bit like drinking from the fire hose in a place like Paris. Would rather have some recommendations from this fine community.
By Dollarhyde
Never been there but I believe the Vinyl Office to be a worthy visit.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1475006799834.jpg
FB_IMG_1475006799834.jpg (255.23 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
By lowbrow38
If you ever visit Paris, here are the record stores I recommend:
CROCODISC 42 rue des ECOLES (5e) Huge selection of 2nd hand vinyls but can be pricy
MONSTER MELODIES 9 rue des DECHARGEURS (1er) Huge selection of 2nd hand vinyls, haven't been there for ages but prices are often "monstrous" and the owners particulary unfriendly
SOUFFLE CONTINU 22 rue GERBIER (11e) Good selection of soundtracks & Library music, NEW only
GIBERT JOSEPH 26 Boulevard Saint-Michel (6e). New & 2nd hand. CDs only.
Enjoy your trip, guys !!
By phantomnoir
lowbrow38 wrote:If you ever visit Paris, here are the record stores I recommend:
MONSTER MELODIES 9 rue des DECHARGEURS (1er) Huge selection of 2nd hand vinyls, haven't been there for ages but prices are often "monstrous" and the owners particulary unfriendly
Ah yes this one... Prices are very high indeed and the owner is an asshole indeed...
By milliondollars
been in Paris last year and visited some stores being mentioned above and i remember Blach Cherry Records which was good, too. some small but fine store with quite obscure stuff. it is near Sacre Coeur but i don't remember the adress...
By Spun out of control
Well I only managed to visit one store - Crocodisc - in the end, but hit pay dirt... 12 crates jammed tight with soundtracks on vinyl.

Here are some pics.

Wife and daughter left me to browse while they returned to hotel to freshen up. I turn up at hotel a little while later with a bag of LPs.

Wife: Where have you been?
Me: What? I've been in the same store.
Wife: For the past two hours?
Me: (Red faced) Was it really two hours...? Wow.

Recommended. Couple of minor gripes though - the crates are packed so tight that it takes a while to get through them. Secondly they elect to put price tags on the actual sleeves rather than the outer plastic protectors - gah!

Saw prices between 12 Euros (for Cat People OST, I picked up) and a pricey 50 Euros (for Clint Mansell's Requiem for a Dream release!). Typically between 15 and 20 Euros though for most.
Attachments
Crocodisc vinyl Paris.jpg
Crocodisc vinyl Paris.jpg (822.84 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
Crocodisc vinyl Paris 2.jpg
Crocodisc vinyl Paris 2.jpg (798.56 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
Crocodisc vinyl Paris 3.jpg
Crocodisc vinyl Paris 3.jpg (813.15 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
Crocodisc vinyl  Paris 4.jpg
Crocodisc vinyl Paris 4.jpg (867.08 KiB) Viewed 3118 times