General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Any fans of Bola/Skam here? New album D.E.G. being released:

Distilling the dynamics of 2007's Kroungrine and his past involvement under the shadowy umbrella of Skam's Ae related Gescom project, D.E.G. sees the Bolaman emerging from the Bolamachine and coming down from the rain-soaked shadowy hills that run around the outskirts of Skam's Manchester base. Armed with an entirely new pallette of electronics and enlisting long-time collaborator Dennis Bourne into the dynamic fold (Bourne steps in on co-composition and performance duties for the album's Kappafects). The end result is an album ripe with an incredibly vivid vision of the future, a set of tracks that no matter how much of a gear-head you are, makes sure you ain't gonna be able to figure out what machines have sculpted these sounds.
Sample tracks/preorder: https://bleep.com/release/83554-bola-deg
deafmetal wrote:Any fans of Bola/Skam here? New album D.E.G. being released:

Distilling the dynamics of 2007's Kroungrine and his past involvement under the shadowy umbrella of Skam's Ae related Gescom project, D.E.G. sees the Bolaman emerging from the Bolamachine and coming down from the rain-soaked shadowy hills that run around the outskirts of Skam's Manchester base. Armed with an entirely new pallette of electronics and enlisting long-time collaborator Dennis Bourne into the dynamic fold (Bourne steps in on co-composition and performance duties for the album's Kappafects). The end result is an album ripe with an incredibly vivid vision of the future, a set of tracks that no matter how much of a gear-head you are, makes sure you ain't gonna be able to figure out what machines have sculpted these sounds.
Sample tracks/preorder: https://bleep.com/release/83554-bola-deg
Wow. I haven't thought of Bola in ages. I had Shapes and Fyuti back in the day. These previews are a warm reminder of that time for me. What the heck has he been up to since then? Thanks for posting this, Deaf.
skeletonbutt wrote:Anyone know what's going on with this? It was supposed to be out in July and keeps being pushed back. Webpage still says due to be released in September.
Just waiting patiently. The PDR releases seem to be delayed, as I'm still waiting for the Spettro Family LP as well.
skeletonbutt wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with this? It was supposed to be out in July and keeps being pushed back. Webpage still says due to be released in September.
No idea...I didn't order one, but their Spettro Family LP has been delayed a few months at this point. Don't know what is up with them.
Steve Spettro wrote:Spettro Family - Glow in the Dark LP

i want to apologize for the delay, now it's several months - press are busy etc.

me too i'm waiting patiently to receive my copies and all the rest

the new release date it's now set for November 15

kind regards

Steve
Excellent -- glad to hear that it's almost ready!
Steve Spettro wrote:Spettro Family - Glow in the Dark LP

i want to apologize for the delay, now it's several months - press are busy etc.

me too i'm waiting patiently to receive my copies and all the rest

the new release date it's now set for November 15

kind regards

Steve
Just got an unrequested refund from PDR for the Spettro Family LP -- that the release was canceled by Spettro. What happened between last week and this one?
Yeah, I got one of the basic ones from the charity kickstarter for $20. $250 for a liquid filled is just... nah. Not really my favorite gizz record. I would have donated for the wax mage one but it sold out before I saw it.

Sketches of East Brunswick was great though!!

I went to a gizz show a couple years back w/ the murlocs. good times. fun seeing them in a really small venue.
Jimmy bringing the heat! How cool is it that PAS has got a new comp out? Reminds me quite favorably of the Joanna Brouk comp that Numero Group did not too long ago. Great to see these amazing people getting their due. Hopefully, in both cases, this leads to some reissues of their back catalogs.