General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Ambient/techno headz might appreciate a new GAS album:

Here is the write-up from Bleep:
In a hugely surprising turn of events, Wolfgang Voigt returns to his most cherished project with the first new GAS album in almost two decades.

No matter if you are the most die-hard techno head who's still salivating over last year's mammoth 10 x LP boxset (or even one of those lucky enough to have bought the original LPs the first time around!) or a casual browser within the esoteric electronic universe, there is no doubt that the words 'GAS' followed by 'new album' are going to send shivers down your spine.

It's no surprise that we have long adored the GAS project, having featured the previously unreleased track Die Wand as the opening piece on our decade anniversary compilation Bleep:10, each GAS record receives a weekly spin on the Bleep office stereo. The original four albums have also been a constant source of inspiration for endless waves of artists coming through the underground. From the next gen Chain Reaction-techno of Fluxion and the reverb-drenched breakbeat excursions of the Modern Love crew through to the outer-reaching wax of Astral Industries.

Narkopop is a truly immersive journey into the deepest, darkest corners of the Königsforst from which the inspiration for the project stems - sure to be one of the most life-affirming albums of 2017.
https://bleep.com/release/81872-gas-narkopop
Lino Capra Vaccina - Antico Adagio is on the process of being repressed by Die Schachtel. They reissued it in 2014 but prices gone up now. Yeah, this was a process for me. First getting to know soundtracks from Italy and now recently gotten into this Italian minimalism, which this record represents greatly. And it's great.

Anyone diggin Giusto Pio's repress? I'm a bit on the fence about that one.
deafmetal wrote:Ambient/techno headz might appreciate a new GAS album:

Here is the write-up from Bleep:
In a hugely surprising turn of events, Wolfgang Voigt returns to his most cherished project with the first new GAS album in almost two decades.

No matter if you are the most die-hard techno head who's still salivating over last year's mammoth 10 x LP boxset (or even one of those lucky enough to have bought the original LPs the first time around!) or a casual browser within the esoteric electronic universe, there is no doubt that the words 'GAS' followed by 'new album' are going to send shivers down your spine.

It's no surprise that we have long adored the GAS project, having featured the previously unreleased track Die Wand as the opening piece on our decade anniversary compilation Bleep:10, each GAS record receives a weekly spin on the Bleep office stereo. The original four albums have also been a constant source of inspiration for endless waves of artists coming through the underground. From the next gen Chain Reaction-techno of Fluxion and the reverb-drenched breakbeat excursions of the Modern Love crew through to the outer-reaching wax of Astral Industries.

Narkopop is a truly immersive journey into the deepest, darkest corners of the Königsforst from which the inspiration for the project stems - sure to be one of the most life-affirming albums of 2017.
https://bleep.com/release/81872-gas-narkopop
I honestly cannot wait for this, so excited.
Steve Powder wrote:Lino Capra Vaccina - Antico Adagio is on the process of being repressed by Die Schachtel. They reissued it in 2014 but prices gone up now. Yeah, this was a process for me. First getting to know soundtracks from Italy and now recently gotten into this Italian minimalism, which this record represents greatly. And it's great.

Anyone diggin Giusto Pio's repress? I'm a bit on the fence about that one.
Vapormeyer wrote:By the way, all of the GAS albums can be found via the Kompakt Bandcamp page. The digital files sound so much better than offered anywhere else.
Thanks for the info, lads! Steve, Antico Adagio is beautiful and, Vape, you know I'm going to snap those digis up is they aren't outrageous. Need hi-q files of the albums.
bpwlogan wrote:It looks like Real Gone Music is releasing Escape From LA sometime around June. There's no mention of it on their site at this point. You can preorder it at SoundStage Direct or Amazon. It's going to be about a $40 drop though:(

yeah that's probably gonna be the final price, i did a preorder through amazon at $45 with prime shipping included.
texasvinyl wrote:hey, how do you guys get the giant avatars? I can only upload 100 pixel images in tiny file sizes.
I used a photo editor like GIMP or Photoshop to lower the jpg quality to fit the max file size while keeping the larger pixel size.
deafmetal wrote:
texasvinyl wrote:hey, how do you guys get the giant avatars? I can only upload 100 pixel images in tiny file sizes.
I used a photo editor like GIMP or Photoshop to lower the jpg quality to fit the max file size while keeping the larger pixel size.
Huh, I can't figure it out. I used GIMP to reduce the quality until the size was 90 kb, but I still get this error
"Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 100 pixels wide and 100 pixels high."
monsterworship wrote:
bpwlogan wrote:It looks like Real Gone Music is releasing Escape From LA sometime around June. There's no mention of it on their site at this point. You can preorder it at SoundStage Direct or Amazon. It's going to be about a $40 drop though:(

yeah that's probably gonna be the final price, i did a preorder through amazon at $45 with prime shipping included.
I just did a preorder earlier this week with Amazon too. I only have one Real Gone Music release(ROTLD), and I'm happy with that drop. It's going to be interesting to see if Escape From L.A. sells out quickly or sits around collecting dust. Regardless, I want this one for sure.