General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

It's the live set from London a couple of years back, no? I've heard those shows were nutty expensive. Kate Bush is legit, m-bryce. I still have a marble cassette of Hounds of Love knocking about here somewhere.
Mateo Sanboval wrote:It's the live set from London a couple of years back, no? I've heard those shows were nutty expensive. Kate Bush is legit, m-bryce. I still have a marble cassette of Hounds of Love knocking about here somewhere.
Yes, it's a recording from the gigs in 2014, and yes they were expensive. Sadly I couldn't get tickets so this is the next best thing.
That marble cassette sounds delicious.
This might be a bit mainstream, but some non-OST soundtracks recently released that might be interesting:

The entire Pink Floyd back catalogue, quality is stunning (At least the EU pressings) prices are VERY friendly , I've bought some of the single disc albums for as little as 13,50€. The records I've received thusfar are so quiet I sometimes wonder if I put the stylus on the record , untill the music starts that is. They are some of the best new records I've ever bought.

The entire Dead Can Dance back catalogue. Have not received any yet, but supposed to be very good as well. Also not very expensive.

The first batch of Autechre albums. Have only bought "amber" , great pressing, only 20€

Bohren & der Club of gore, a record every month starting early november with "midnight Radio" , "Black Earth" in december and "Geisterfaust" in January. My copy og "midnight radio" is ever so slightly noisy, but nothing too intruding
Again, prices are very reasonable.

One thing all of these releases have in common are the faithful reproductions of the original covers, the Pink floyd , Autechre and Bohren are extremely well done, no blown up Cd covers here!
Last edited by Pain_Bubbles on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Re; the dead can dance stuff, is it new masters? i thought 4AD just did that a few years back, anyone pick any up?
phantomnoir wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:$40 plus shipping for roughly seventeen minutes of music is a bit too rich for my blood, I'm afraid.
It will be sold out very soon and copies will go for $100 on discogs.
Then it will be even more too richerer for my blood.
Guys, ULVER have started preorders on their upcoming new album : ''The Assassination of Julius Caesar''. I went OCD and bought all four colors. and the 2 t-shirts. They are my favorite band so.... NO REGRET !! DON'T JUDGE ME!

There's no preview of the music yet, but I assume it's coming up later today.

https://store.houseofmythology.com/

You might remember that my deep cut was a soundtrack composed by Ulver. they have a very minimal soundtrack available on the same webstore (House of Mythology), for a film titled ''Riverhead''. it's cold, mellow, a bit of primal ''new world'' sounds, I like it, but it's possibly their most minimal effort to date. If you're into that, check it out.

https://ulver.bandcamp.com/album/riverh ... soundtrack
Jimmy_Mike wrote:How's the film?
If you mean Riverhead, I don't know yet, but I'll try to see it at some point
ScoJo wrote: Great news!

And on the subject of your Deep Cut, I do remember very well your previous recommendation and it's become one of my all time favourite OSTs. Amazing, amazing stuff. I knew a bit about them from following Daniel O'Sullivan a bit, but man that album is so great.
Glad you like it man, Svidd Neger is their best soundtrack imo, but their ''Lyckantropen Themes'' is also very good. Riverhead is their 3rd soundtrack work, but I know that they have also scored a theater production in Norway, and the music from that should become available at some point, according to the band.
sonnydexter wrote:@Nathan ... shame that Marble is sold out ... looks stunning.
It does ! but the Gold looks mighty fine as well, and the classic black works fine also with the cover artwork.
texasvinyl wrote:"All in protective PVC exterior sleeve."
...But why??? They should save the $$ and put it in poly outer and ship w records behind jacket.

I picked up that Svidd Neger OST back when you posted it for your deep cut. It's really good!
Yeah glad you like it as well Texas ! I think the PVC sleeve is not so bad when it's not the disc temeselves that are place in it ? like, picture discs ? is there any downside to having the gatefold store in these PVC sleeves ?
deafmetal wrote:@Nathan

Great to see the enthusiasm for this album. I will check it out.
Yes ! My man !
I always toss the PVC in the bin and replace with standard poly outer or a mylar sleeve. I have two box sets that had felt-lined (or something similar) PVC sleeves-- basically cloth touching the disc with PVC backing. Those fucked up all of the discs in both box sets (Beck - The Information and NIN - Ghosts I-IV). I only kept one or two- those ones with screen printing on top of the PVC. We'll see if those go bad over time!
Hi,

I noticed Vapormeyers best of 2016 list, he listed this record as 2nd. I was originally hipped to this by Madlib from the Brasilintime documentary back in 2011. Back then it was only reissued by Kindred spirits, and a quite bad sounding reissue I heard. Now this record is reissued by Mr Bongo and is a solid performer. Supervised by Verocai and transferred from tapes.

For me this record represents the soul of Brazil and was for me a gateway to the wonderful music of Brazil. I learnt some portuguese on the way too :)

Arthur Verocai's self titled LP from 1972. Alot of the songs here is sung non-directly, with poetry, about the opression of the military dictatorship which occurred at that time. The movement was called Tropicalia and only way to get through the censorship is to hide your message in the songs. The people new what was up with the songs and some songs got through the censorship. And some artists were exiled like the famous case of Caetano Veloso.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzUn6Ey4zro

https://www.discogs.com/Arthur-Verocai- ... se/8562696
Last edited by Steve Powder on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
this is something i found accidentally but is is one of the best accidents i had in the past years. this is a band/installment from the Ukraine and seriously some of the best new stuff i have heard in a while. all analogue techniques from the equipment i can see on the back cover. music i would describe as experimental psychedelic voodoo space-age jazz-funk. just crazy! they pressed up 300 of these monsters on vinyl and sell it for 16€ per copy. going to post this in the underwater thread as well as there are certain oceanic vibes as the album title is telling already. the cover is also super nice and played tricks on my mind for the whole last week. you WANT to hear this!!! go and support these guys.

also the record proves that a good product does not have to cost a fortune...

https://muscut.bandcamp.com/album/ode-to-the-sea

https://www.discogs.com/Indirect-3-Meet ... se/7429443

milliondollars wrote:also the record proves that a good product does not have to cost a fortune...
Amen, Brother.

By the way, I sampled a couple of tracks and it is really cool stuff.