General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

If you dig that atmospheric, dark-jazz sound, you may enjoy this album: Miles to Midnight by Atrium Carceri, Cities Last Broadcast, and God Body Disconnect. It's on the great dark ambient label Cryo Chamber. It definitely has a Borhen vibe going on. I haven't got the vinyl yet to speak to the pressing -- my order is on its way -- but I really like what I'm hearing on the download files.
reddye6 wrote:If you dig that atmospheric, dark-jazz sound, you may enjoy this album: Miles to Midnight by Atrium Carceri, Cities Last Broadcast, and God Body Disconnect. It's on the great dark ambient label Cryo Chamber. It definitely has a Borhen vibe going on. I haven't got the vinyl yet to speak to the pressing -- my order is on its way -- but I really like what I'm hearing on the download files.
This is swanky. Thanks, Reddye!
Yasuaki Shimizu - Kakashi REISSUE REPRESS on Palto Flats EU/US pressing. If you missed the first only japan reissue (and the November reissue on Palto Flats) now there is this repress coming to the stores on the 24th this month.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/reviews/21644
Last edited by Steve Powder on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Steve Powder wrote:Yasuaki Shimizu - Kakashi reissue on Palto Flats EU/US pressing. If you missed the first only japan reissue now there is this reissue coming to the stores on the 24th this month.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/reviews/21644
Oh halle-frikkin-lujah!!

Thanks so much Steve - no kidding, I have been religiously listening to this via YTube every day for the last few weeks, since I discovered it (curious about the WRWTFWW reissue, then kicking myself that I missed out on it once it's genius became clear!)

This is the best news man, thankyou!
The WRWTFWW reissue is the same as the Palto Flats. Much like the Midori Takada - Through The Looking Glass reissue, it is a co-release from the two labels.

Now if these fine filks would just reissue Shimizu's IQ179...
Anthology/Mexican Summer is putting out a 2-LP release of Nightcrawlers material: "The Biophonic Boombox Recordings." This is the band from Philadelphia that did Berlin School electronics during the 1980s. I have a CD compilation of their material ("Traveling Backwards"), and I think it's excellent. Some nice, dark, atmospheric stuff on it.

If you check them out on Discogs, you'll see that they have a lot of old cassettes in their works. Some of their material has been re-released recently on CD-R, but the presentation has been crappy. I've been hoping for some properly re-releases of their music!
Had a break over the festive season but now we're a month into New Year, ready to unleash a new tape upon you guys....

Pre-orders go live this evening (Friday 26th) from 6pm UK time. Releases Feb 23rd, to coincide with some live dates, though in truth will be sending out tapes sooner than that.

As ever, a choice of where you can grab 'em from - either from the Spun Bandcamp (http://www.spunoutofcontrol.com) or our good pals Transmission and Norman Records in the UK and (hopefully) THD in the USA.

Here's the press release:

Sunset Graves’ percussive, techno-influenced synth soundscapes reach an explosive peak on new album ‘The Inevitable End’

Spun Out Of Control, the label showcasing emerging electronic musicians and fledgling film score composers, presents the inspired new album from electronic musician Andy Fosberry, aka Sunset Graves. Released on cassette, ‘The Inevitable End’ inventively blends minimalist techno with industrial electronica, Vangelis-like synth pads and found sound to deliver an awe-inspiring aural explosion.

Sunset Graves’ new album is available on a limited run of 'Sunset Red' cassettes, with exclusively commissioned artwork provided by Eric Adrian Lee. (Whisper it... the cassette versions include an additional unlisted 'secret' track not available digitally).

Sunset Graves on ‘The Inevitable End’:

“I had this thought: would it be possible to create an album using a really small palette of sound? I don’t choose when to write a record, it chooses me. And when I felt this one coming on, I knew that it needed to be nothing like any of my previous work. Things had changed, and my music needed to reflect that. So I started to layout my tools: synths, drums, samples and field recordings. The only rule was that I would use these, and only these, but I could process and add effects to them in any way I chose.

I wanted to find detail by smashing drum elements into grains and coercing them back into shapes and patterns. I wanted to create texture by applying filters and stacks of EQ and reverb to synths. I wanted to give the album depth and life by recording sounds of the environment around me. The first drums you hear on ‘Lovr’ are an iPhone recording of me tapping the steel girder of a railway bridge. The road that never sleeps outside my home is the bed on which ‘Solace’ lies. By processing, stretching, crushing and pushing, finding elements and artifacts and using them as new starting points, an eco system of sound began to form, and the album exists within that. However, I also wanted the album to have a heart and resonate emotionally. And I wanted it to sound huge.”

SoundCloud links to preview:
https://soundcloud.com/spunoutofcontrol ... onus-track
https://soundcloud.com/spunoutofcontrol ... repuscular
Attachments
SOS019_Double flap cassette inlay (Front)_PREVIEW.jpg
SOS019_Double flap cassette inlay (Front)_PREVIEW.jpg (437.96 KiB) Viewed 7613 times
Sunset-Graves-PROMO.jpg
Sunset-Graves-PROMO.jpg (285.96 KiB) Viewed 7613 times
Dollarhyde wrote:Also an amazing album reissued and remastered. And thankyou STBC, was it you @deaf? for hipping me to this one.

Christoph De Babylon - If You're Into It, I'm Out Of It. Limited clear variant print of 300 at Boomkat. Remastered by Rashad Becker!

https://boomkat.com/products/if-you-re- ... 8-remaster
Indeed, that was me. Cold and merciless drum n' bass/breakcore along with some top-shelf dark ambient. Many reviews use the word "bleak" which is very appropriate. That 2LP has always been near my tables for over twenty years now. Highly recommended.
Oiche wrote:Mentioned in another thread but in case anyone missed it, The Streets Original Pirate Material is being repressed. Weirdly bought this on cd at the time so will be diving in. Classic album this. UK preorder here https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordsto ... SXI0000000
Great heads up, Oiche. Thanks again. I just bought both Original Pirate Material and A Grand Don't Come For Free on Amazon.fr for a total of $52US shipped. I don't expect to find these any cheaper than $26 a piece once they start popping up Stateside so it was an easy purchase. Plus, in the off chance that I can get the pair for less than $50, I can always cancel; it's Amazon.
Third Man uses the word "now" three times in three sentences on their promo art for Beefheart. Scant-lexiconned hipster shits. Pass.

PS - I do like the rainbow trout skinned vinyl variant though.
This did catch my attention when I noticed it, but I'll pass. As long as I've loved and worshiped this recording I don't think I can spin this record without the Straight/Bizarre labels on the record; that also goes for any represses by Tim Buckley, Jeff Simmons, GTO's, Alice Cooper, or even Jerry Yester...LOL.

I was tempted by by the colored varient though, and it looks wicked as hell! Please let me know how this comes out when you guys get this edition. Enjoy!