General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Not sure if this appeals to any one here but figured I would share it.

We Want Sounds has two great Japanese reissues coming out in October and November.

Oct. 4
sar.png
sar.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 5944 times
Wewantsounds is delighted to announce the release of Yukihiro Takahashi's debut solo album 'Saravah!'. One of the key Japanese albums of the 70s, it was released in 1978 at a key time when, following his tenure with Sadistic Mika Band, Yukihiro Takahashi had just joined the nascent line up of Yellow Magic Orchestra. A sophisticated mix of Disco Funk, synth Pop, Ambient, French Exotica and Bossa Nova, the album has the stylish feel of a night out clubbing in Paris circa 1978. It is the missing link between the City Pop scene of the late 70s and the synth sound of YMO which was about to revolutionise the world. Newly remastered by renowned engineer Mitsuo Koike, the LP features original artwork with photos by Masayoshi Sukita (David Bowie's Heroes), a 4-page insert and a new Introduction by Benjamin Barouh (Saravah Records).
Nov. 8
ryu.png
ryu.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 5944 times
Wewantsounds is proud to announce the release of Ryuichi Sakamoto's first solo album originally released in 1978 on the sought-after Better Days label. Sakamoto was a member of Yellow Magic Orchestra at the time but the group hadn't released their first album yet. Featuring Sakamoto on a wide range of synthesizers and keyboards programmed by Hideki Matsutake, and accompanied by a few musicians including Haruomi Hosono and Pecker, "Thousand Knives" was a blueprint for the YMO sound and includes cult classics that were to become live favourites. Save for a small-scale release in 1982, this is the first time the album is being released on vinyl outside of Japan. Remastered from the original tapes by renowned producer and engineer Seigen Ono, the LP edition comes with original artwork including OBI strip and four-page insert with new introduction by Paul Bowler
This is a great album that I can't wait to own.

Lately I've found that Juno Records carries the We Want Sounds releases for dirt cheap. I ordered Akiko Yano's Japanese Girl from them for under $30 shipped and Saravah! for $27 shipped.

Also you can pick up Ryuichi Sakamoto's second album B-2 Unit which is being reissued by Great Tracks in Japan so this one is expensive $45 before shipping. LITA has a pre-order for this.
New Timothy Fife & Repeated Viewing split coming tomorrow from BWR. Album is already up on all streaming platforms. It's quite good.

Paranormal Sounds of the Synthesizer
Artwork by Hauntlove
Liner notes by J. Hubner (really happy that he was brought in for this, enjoy his writing)
fife dog.png
fife dog.png (444.84 KiB) Viewed 5723 times
Uhhh....

This 1000% needed to be on LP. For thirty bucks. 'Essential'.

Between this and the fake 'slowed down crickets' LP, a legit argument could be made that perhaps Jonny has finally run out of unearthed Kirchin Gold, funky 60s/70s British cult films and Brit jazz to release.
ScoJo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:00 am Uhhh....

Between this and the fake 'slowed down crickets' LP, a legit argument could be made that perhaps Jonny has finally run out of unearthed Kirchin Gold, funky 60s/70s British cult films and Brit jazz to release.
Yeah, but did you actually listen to the Crickets LP..?
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:54 am
ScoJo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:00 am Uhhh....

Yeah, but did you actually listen to the Crickets LP..?
I listened to it fully on the Youtubes, sir. Where it belongs.

Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:00 am I am confused by these records... keyboard sounds and slow crickets?
However, I would't mind having a keyboard like those pictured.
Well here's the crickets thing. It became something of a viral video on YT, was created in 1992. The comments on this video are predictably batty/amusing.

I've played it to numerous experienced sound geniuses, and they all agree that there's no way this is 'just' what he says it is.
(ie slowed down crickets).
Not that it matters. I still wouldn't buy it on an LP ;-D

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP6JGlv32nw[/youtube]
ScoJo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:15 am
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:00 am I am confused by these records... keyboard sounds and slow crickets?
However, I would't mind having a keyboard like those pictured.
Well here's the crickets thing. It became something of a viral video on YT, was created in 1992. The comments on this video are predictably batty/amusing.

I've played it to numerous experienced sound geniuses, and they all agree that there's no way this is 'just' what he says it is.
(ie slowed down crickets).
Not that it matters. I still wouldn't buy it on an LP ;-D

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP6JGlv32nw[/youtube]
This is a very entertaining read :-)
funny thing. ive had a cricket in my wall for 2 months and every night around 10 it starts chirping. well i came across this video and listened to it and that cricket went silent. coincidence?
It's instantaneously evident that it is not simply crickets. Also, if you make it all of the way through that vid, you are either already asleep or in dire need of a Life Alert.
https://intervallo.bandcamp.com/album/a ... lla-civilt

Enjoying this one....

"The great fame of Antonino Riccardo Luciani, a musician and composer from Palermo, is due above all to his work for television and to one in particular, namely the music for the Almanacco del giorno dopo (Almanac of the Coming Day), a famous program that has been broadcast on the first channel of RAI - Italian Television for over twenty years. Chanson Balladée, this is the title, is for many people an indelible memory of a television now disappeared and radically changed, for which Luciani has often composed wonderful themes and soundtracks of great value as Tecnica di un colpo di stato (Technique of a coup d'état). Agonia della civiltà (Agony of Civilization), on the other hand, is part of his more experimental and abstract works, such as Inchiesta sul mondo (Inquiry Into the World) or Desol, and reveals the less accommodating side of the Sicilian composer, at work with tense atmospheres, hammering percussions, Musique concrète, magnificent orchestrations and bitter reflections on society. Originally released in 1972, the album is paradoxically more relevant in these complicated times. Titles such as Esodo di popolazioni (Exodus of Populations), Catastrofe sociale (Social Disaster), Disfacimento ecologico (Ecological Decay), Metropoli in agonia (Metropolis in Agony) o Dramma dell’evoluzione (Drama of Evolution) foretold our future almost fifty years in advance, accompanied by timeless music..."
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:56 am 2814 新しい日の誕生 reissue

Here:
https://dreamcatalogue.com/store/product/2814-boand/

Very good record, excellent pressing if it sounds like the violet one I have. Pricey, but violets are going for $100 and black vinyl $200+, so a chance to snag one for a little less.
It's an amazing record. I preordered mine earlier this year and it should be writing this week.
This may interest a few here. WRWTFWW just announced they are reissuing Inoyamaland - Danzidan-Pojidon. A wonderful Japanese ambient album from '83 and that was produced by Hosono. I love the album and have been putting off buying the reissue from 2018 because it's around $70 plus shipping. This is will be released in March for €20

https://wrwtfww.com/album/danzindan-pojidon

Hiroshi Yoshimura
GREEN
Light In The Attic
LITA 192

Release Notes
First ever reissue of this groundbreaking ambient work
Produced in full cooperation with Yoshimura’s estate
Remastered for vinyl and pressed at RTI
Unseen original handwritten track notes by Yoshimura

US Indie Retail Color Vinyl Edition: “Clear/Green Swirl” Colored Vinyl
Online Color Vinyl Edition: “Green” Colored Vinyl
Vapormeyer wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:28 am Hiroshi Yoshimura
GREEN
Light In The Attic
LITA 192

Release Notes
First ever reissue of this groundbreaking ambient work
Produced in full cooperation with Yoshimura’s estate
Remastered for vinyl and pressed at RTI
Unseen original handwritten track notes by Yoshimura

US Indie Retail Color Vinyl Edition: “Clear/Green Swirl” Colored Vinyl
Online Color Vinyl Edition: “Green” Colored Vinyl
Terrific album. Shame LITA releases are so pricey here in the UK, will hopefully get a standard black release at some point.