General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
What did people expect? It's Alien blood let loose inside a vinyl enclosure. That stuff can eat through a ship's hull!
By Mateo Sanboval
All joking aside, Cult, that really stinks and I'm sorry to see it happen at all let alone to a class fellow like your good self. Chin up, brother.
By The Cult Leader
Yes, only 1 record is leaking. Its hard to tell exactly where from, but it appears to be the center label. I think i just got unlucky with a faulty record.

It looks like a lot leaked, but once i cleaned it i cant tell the diffrence from disc 2. They both still seem to have the same amount of liquid inside. My last ditch effort is to find a way to contact the guy who made them and see if he can email me some instructions on how i might be able to repair it.

Gutted
By lazyben
So it's still largely full of liquid then? If you can find where it's leaking you should be able to seal it with a smidge of transparent silicon or somesuch and you'll be golden (and we'll all be jealous).
By Mateo Sanboval
Can you take another picture of the cleaned up record? The left one looks completely different. Also, have you talked with Mondo since you got the leaky LP or was "no swapsies" just what you gleaned from the fine print on their sale page?
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Mon May 09, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By The Cult Leader
What I first saw

cleaned up

I have it sitting between a bunch of paper towels so once i can spot the leak, ill have to go from there.

Disappointing and surprising that they didn't save any copies for damages.
By Hatter313
Oh man...dude...if you need a drink text me, my treat haha.
By EvanCampbell
cult I am almost sure that these are sealed with a type of clear epoxy ....they have waterproof epoxy ( not the 5 minute drying kind) but really strong marine bonding type that dries clear and is waterproof. If you can find the damn leak. If it is under the label or center hole that is a bitch.
Sorry...this sucks!
By deafmetal
@Cult - There was another forum member who had a similar issue with the blood-filled F13 that was due to Canadian customs poking a hole in the vinyl to check the liquid for drug content (or did I dream that?). I don't remember if they ever posted again about how they sealed the hole. Was it damaged during shipping? I could imagine a heavy impact creating a hairline crack somewhere.

Roll up your sleeves and save the USCSS Cultromo from imploding due to that acid leak!
Last edited by deafmetal on Tue May 10, 2016 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
Holy smokes. I just got home and looked at this on my computer. On my tiny phone, the impression of where the record had been allowed me to think the LP was still in the right hand sleeve! Hahaha. It looked like there was no liquid in it at all! I was thinking you were delusional with optimism. That doesn't look bad at all, actually. Now if you can just find that leak...

Also, this :
deafmetal wrote:USCSS Cultromo
By scottydoo
oh man my heart fell in my mouth when i saw your pictures , id be mortified having spent all that cash, have Mondo offered any help with it or is it just they have no extras so cant help ?
By The Cult Leader
Im still going back and forth with mondo, they're offering a refund, but they want the records back.

I was really hoping they would let me keep them and refund me...

Only positive thing I can say is that not one drop leaked all night, but I'm still not sure where the leak is.
By reddye6
I'm not laughing at this pain, especially at what you shelled out.
By NMA
This is so sad :/

I've always thought that this liquid-filled-thingy should be tested well before selling. There should be some sort of automation, factory-manufacturing instead of human effort.
By Little Walter
You want a harsh story?

While waiting in line for the pop-up shop, some of the Mondo guys would come out and talk to us about the stock. They were supposed to have more at the show and were waiting on a box of them that shipped from Florida. That box ended up being dropped at some point in transit; they opened it to find a Nickelodeon slime shipment.

The simple truth is that they weren't meant to be shipped; they weren't designed for that. That's why Friday the 13th came in a box for fifty records filled with peanuts.
By Mateo Sanboval
Little Walter wrote:You want a harsh story?

While waiting in line for the pop-up shop, some of the Mondo guys would come out and talk to us about the stock. They were supposed to have more at the show and were waiting on a box of them that shipped from Florida. That box ended up being dropped at some point in transit; they opened it to find a Nickelodeon slime shipment.

The simple truth is that they weren't meant to be shipped; they weren't designed for that. That's why Friday the 13th came in a box for fifty records filled with peanuts.
So there are probably a few less than advertised in actual circulation, eh? Hmm. I'd better go add a reserve to my eBay listings...

By Bezulsqy
@ Cult: feel really bad for you. I can definetly understand how you feel. Fortunatly it looks like not too much leaked, but still... tough shit.

@ Mateo, you made me laugh out loud. Keep doing that!
By liftman2013
It is ironic isn't it. You went along to the pop up didn't you Cult - paying the "normal" $225.

Can you imagine if someone who got one from the eBay scalpers who paid $699 plus got one of these "leaking" copies?

I'd love for them to try and get a refund...
By Mateo Sanboval
liftman2013 wrote:It is ironic isn't it. You went along to the pop up didn't you Cult - paying the "normal" $225.

Can you imagine if someone who got one from the eBay scalpers who paid $699 plus got one of these "leaking" copies?

I'd love for them to try and get a refund...
With eBay policies being the way they are, it would probably be relatively easy to get a refund from a drippy eBay auction.