General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

skeletonbutt wrote:Anyone in Canada feel like picking me up a copy of Requiem for a Dream?
I've heard it's gonna be super expensive, I'm not sure there's gonna be a lot of copies around in the stores I'll visit, but will try to pick up an extra
NathanLurker wrote:
skeletonbutt wrote:Anyone in Canada feel like picking me up a copy of Requiem for a Dream?
I've heard it's gonna be super expensive, I'm not sure there's gonna be a lot of copies around in the stores I'll visit, but will try to pick up an extra
Thanks for the response! How expensive is super expensive, roughly?
By OSC
I just saw that The Ninth Gate is cancelled for RSD. Does anyone know if it's still being released at a later date or just cancelled altogether? That was definitely at the top of my list.

Hopefully with 5000 copies and a higher price tag (hopefully not more than $40), Requiem for a Dream won't be too hard to get or be flipper bait. I'm working most of the day tomorrow and probably won't go to any stores, which feels kind of refreshing to be honest. Since my first one in 2009, it's been a steady down hill slide, maybe this year will be the tipping point where things start to get better.
skeletonbutt wrote:
NathanLurker wrote:
Thanks for the response! How expensive is super expensive, roughly?

Not sure, but I'm thinking 50 to 70 $CAD. There was one copy on discogs for 100$CAD yesterday. it's disappeared now but it was there.
Can't speak for any other countries, but Bull Moose has it listed for $29 US. I also wonder, is this flipper bait as some seem to fear? I honestly have no clue, but doesn't seem like a score that I hear mentioned outside of this little world and as was pointed out, it's being pressed in high numbers. I more owrry about the 500 copy things, not because of flippers, but because if my store gets 1, I won't get it. I know last year someoone scooped up all the Brian May stuff before me, so there's at least one other score whore in my area :-)
^"score whore"... I like that.

I am hoping to find a Requiem for a Dream and La Via Della Droga when I venture into my local shop early tomorrow morning. One thing I like about RSD is that it's an excuse to get my family to head out with me to the shop, but we don't do the queuing up thing or my better half would kill me. By the time we arrive, there are only a few people milling about. I have never seen these long queues or people shoving paper lists at the cashier that I hear about.
@deaf.... if you want to see the fabled queues here's a short film on youtube from my local UK record store last year - fast forward to the 3.30 min mark... I must have been in there somewhere ;)

From front to back there was a 2 to 3 hour wait - basically because when they do let people into the shop they let them browse for as long as they like, no rush.
By OSC
That sucks.

I'm hoping to score a Requiem off eBay if someone puts it up for a decent price. It's $30 list, so I'll probably try to keep it under $50 if I can. I was able to score both Goblin's and the Bowie Man Who Sold The World Pic Disc.
By OSC
fluppeco wrote:super stoked to get the goblin and clint mansell discs only to find the requiem has 2xside3-4 with side1-2 missing and the shop has none left to swap, major bummer!
Someone on Discogs said they had a label for Eagles Hotel California on Side 2. With you having duplicate records, I'm worried about the quality control on this.
My local had a few copies of the goblin, but nothing else on my list. I did go at like 2pm though.

Meanwhile both taxi driver and lost themes 2 landed at my house last night/this morning so yeah.
I got Requiem, Goblin and Genesis Of The Daleks as well as a couple of other non-soundtrack bits. There were loads of copies of Requiem in Dublin for some reason!

Didn't get the two main non-OST bits I was after, so it hasn't been a complete success yet.
By reddye6
I wasn't able to get out, but through friends I got Requiem, the two Sciascia LPs, Xiu Xiu/Twin Peaks, the Goblin LP, and a Metz/Reiss 7". I'm hoping to pick up the Libaek and Cipriani online over the next week or so.
Was a very awesome RSD for me - almost got everything i wanted. Scored the following:

John Coltrane - The Roulette Sides
The Skeleton Dance
The Guest
Goblin - La Via Della Droga
Jimi Hendrix - Smash Hits
Requiem for a Dream

Did not get :-(

Dizzy Gillespie - The Champ
XIU XIU - Twin Peaks (if anyone has a spare one, hit me up)

Still, i'm happy with what I got!
How is that Xiu Xiu record? I have a couple of records of them and do like their style. I read a review of the performance of this set and that sounded right up my alley.
On discogs a lot of flippers are selling a copy. Assholes!
@bezulsky i had checked out discogs yesterday and saw those prices for the Xiu Xiu album, it disgusted me, to say the least
By reddye6
I won't get my Xiu for a few days. Unless others do so, I will post a little about it after I listen.

Amoeba has its remaining RSD stock online.

Has anyone seen a copy of Libaek's " To Ride a White Horse "? Was it even available yesterday?