General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
Also wondering if Alan Parker's One Summer 7" on Finders Keepers was out yesterday, too.

Dusty Groove's RSD stock is available online.
Spun out of control wrote:I guess the rules for RSD in the States are different to the UK, where it seems retailers have to wait a week before selling their remaining stock online...?
Used to be that way here, too, but it seems some of them are releasing things next day now. Several others are saying "later in the week."

The only OST I Needed was Ninth Gate, but since that is delayed, I was less concerned. Sven's White Horse, the Bert Jansch reissues, and the Giant Sand box will all be items I pick up in the coming weeks. There were a few other bits of interest like Xiu Xiu, the 2 Sciascia LPs, and the Doctor Who record, but I haven't had the time to investigate their sound yet and I'm trying to reduce my 'sight unseen' purchases. Or sound unheard if you will.
Cheers for replying @mateo

Had assumed (or at least going by past experience) the rules were the same on both sides of the Atlantic, but sounds like it's relaxed a bit into more of a random free-for-all.

Typically half the things I bought last year after queuing were still on sale 6 months later. Others, like the Cinevox 7-inch box set and Invada's 40 days of Night you can still buy if you look hard enough, and at much reduced cost (£50 for the Cinevox rather than the £80+ it was priced on RSD 2015).

As a result I'm a little more relaxed than previously about picking up this year's bounty.... it will be sod's law though that what I believed easy to pick up later will prove to be anything but. Watch this space :)

See also Discogs RSD opinion piece here:
https://blog.discogs.com/flippers-youre ... -bad-time/
Spun out of control wrote:Cheers for replying @mateo

Had assumed (or at least going by past experience) the rules were the same on both sides of the Atlantic, but sounds like it's relaxed a bit into more of a random free-for-all.

Typically half the things I bought last year after queuing were still on sale 6 months later. Others, like the Cinevox 7-inch box set and Invada's 40 days of Night you can still buy if you look hard enough, and at much reduced cost (£50 for the Cinevox rather than the £80+ it was priced on RSD 2015).

As a result I'm a little more relaxed than previously about picking up this year's bounty.... it will be sod's law though that what I believed easy to pick up later will prove to be anything but. Watch this space :)

See also Discogs RSD opinion piece here:
https://blog.discogs.com/flippers-youre ... -bad-time/
Clearly, I've adopted the same attitude as yourself, Spun, in regards to RSD2016. That Discogs blog post is an interesting read as well. Cheers!

PS - As a follow up to that post, I just cruised various online shops for the Giant Sand box set I am interested in and after finding the mean MSRP sitting at about $120, I stumbled across a copy on Discogs for $90. Purchased with The Quickness. Awesome.
blastman wrote:deaf, where are you? I can check for you if there are still some copies available if you're still looking..
I'm in the US, so only looking for domestic shops right now to save on shipping. Ideally trying to pick this up for list price.
@deaf...

I don't have this in hand yet either but saw the following message on the label's website, which is encouraging:

"Posted by nonesuch | April 17, 2016 - 6:23pm
Not to worry: in fact, we press 5,000 copies worldwide. No need to pay any more than the retail price. Please ask your local shop to order more!"

So there we have it, we just have to ask our local shops to order it in for us! :)
@Spun - Thank you for posting that. Good to hear, as I was getting some heartburn thinking back on my foolish decision to "wait a bit" on picking up the original Tron Legacy OST. It sounds like I will be able to find a copy in the US for retail price.

Lots of people getting flipped on eBay right now for $50-100 USD.
It's a great record, just the right side of weird.
I actually think it is completely weak to release a version the day after RSD of this , it was obvious it was going to be popular so just press 2000 to begin with ,this is why folks get fucked off with RSD in the first place....
reddye6 wrote:Also wondering if Alan Parker's One Summer 7" on Finders Keepers was out yesterday, too.

Dusty Groove's RSD stock is available online.
I heard this was cancelled at the last minute (from Normans & Resident here in the UK) but should get a release later in the year
My local still has Dark Shadows, Genesis of the Daleks, Judgement Night, Dr. Who & the Daleks, How To Train Your Dragon, Nosferatu 7", Armando Sciascia - Impressions in Rhythm & Sound and Piero Umiliani - A Legge Dei Gangsters. If anyone is interested and wants to arrange me picking up and shipping to you send me an email at esidor68(at)gmail(dot)com.
By reddye6
Jimmy_Mike wrote:Has anyone seen the Libaek LPs available anywhere online? I know all this stuff eventually shows up, but I can't help these yearnings, right?
Not really. There are some overpriced ones on Discogs and Ebay. Ebay does have a decently priced one, but the only shipping option to the US is priority, so it's around $25.

There is one on Amazon for $30, and US shipping would be $4. Although the seller is trustworthy for CDs, I don't know how they ship vinyl. If I remember, they ship CDs with just thin, sticky cardboard sealed over the product. If they do the same for vinyl, I'd be worried of damage. I've sent them a message but haven't gotten a reply.

I'm holding out on Norman Records. Otherwise, I'll wait until they meander their way online and sellers start to undercut each other.

I am surprised as to how hard this one has been to find. I wonder if only a few shipments got out to stores before RSD.