General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
For RSD 2016 this year, I need to travel for my niece's communion. It's in Philadelphia. Rather than resign myself to not hitting stores on that day, I may try to get to a Philly store that opens early and hopefully get a copy of "The Ninth Gate" soundtrack to take to the church. Does anyone on the list have any experience with Philly stores on RSD? If I had to choose one store (and that's probably all I'd have time for), which one should I hit for soundtracks?
By Hatter313
"hopefully get a copy of "The Ninth Gate" soundtrack to take to the church"

I'm sorry I don't know record stores in Philly, but I had to respond with the unmitigated awesomeness of this sentence.
By The Cult Leader
What store you hitting up Chris? The last few years I've been going to Rough Trade in BK, but I might switch it up and hit one in Manhattan this time.
By Hatter313
I gotta talk to my friend and see what he's hitting up, but probably Other Music at least. Rough trade is just such a pain to get to but i don't know,

Gotta get that Ninth Gate, Goblin 12, (if I see the 7" maybe, but not essential for me) Maybe the Dark Shadows reissue, and maybe The Guest just to compete the set with DW's score album from last year.

Other than that i may try and snag the Bowie early comp if its not too dicey, but I think thats it so far from the leaked lists I've seen.

I'm sure there will be others. Hit me up.
By DarksideBerto
I don't know about stores in Philly, but I recently heard through the grapevine that the "Ninth Gate" release was canceled due to the now far too common pressing issues/delays :-( just an FYI so you don't end up stuck in a line waiting for something that won't be there! As far as I know the Goblin releases are still good to go for RSD though, so that shouldn't be a problem.
By OSC
Ninth Gate cancelled as in never coming out or just delayed to a later date? That was at the top of my list.

Goblin releases are around, my local shops have them.