General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Pain_Bubbles
If you like endless bickering about prices and shipping costs, unsolicited trading proposals with some of the most bizarre items you can think of, insults and downright threats; Fear not!: Put your record up on "marktplaats.nl' to satisfy all you masochistic needs.

There are some second hand stores that take in records, supposedly for people who are less well-off to be able to afford some stuff. Sadly these stores ask ridiculous prices for everything, so it never actually reaches the poor.

I have never tried E-bay or Discogs, but to me, it just isn't worth it to sell stuff and I have to admit I have thrown large amounts of records and CD's in the trash (And not regretted it for a minute, I'd probably thro my left arm in the trash to avoid a single encounter with the typical "marktplaats-dweller")

Of course some of the really special stuff isn't going to the landfill , but I am not selling it either.
I actually like trading, unfortunately it's almost impossible to do in practice.
By texasvinyl
Ebay has a broader audience but is perhaps higher risk--their policies are fairly anti-seller if a buyer gripes, and I've read horror stories about shady buyers winding up keeping the records and their money. I have only sold a tiny number of records there, but I will buy.

Discogs has a 2% lower fee and less bullshit (though still potential for bullshit like PayPal charge backs). I've probably sold around 150-160 orders in the past four years there without any issues, though I am quite careful about grading, condition description and packaging, and I don't list much that is under VG+. I like that you don't have to relist items like you do on eBay or worry about BS like ebays sorting algorithm burying your listings for arbitrary reasons.