General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
skeletonbutt wrote:$150 + $20 if you want the autograph.
Thanks. That was too high for me as well...
By deafmetal
No sleep 'til Nippon:
'85 RCA Japan reissue, still looking for a '74 with obi:
It's also fun to put together vintage Italian sets. ;)
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:No sleep 'til Nippon
Need that on a t-shirt yesterday.
By deafmetal
ScoJo wrote:This thread makes my scalp itch. Y'all are cray-cray.

(in the best way ;)
@ScoJo - A mental health professional could have a field day in here. That said, I read a good interview recently with the wife of a famous collector who had passed away, "...the collecting of anything is fabulous for anybody. I think parents should encourage their children to collect [whatever interests them.] Collecting gives you a zest and an interest in life. Collectors are fantastic." ;)
By Mateo Sanboval
Let me help you out with your sorting, Deaf. Take that stack, and any other strays you have laying about, and send them roughly 150 miles due North. Sorted! Job done.
By ScoJo
^ I can't work out what any of those are...it's like they're all in a foreign language or summat!
By Bezulsqy
I'll never catch up with Deaf and Monster and some other people on this board... but I will damn well try!

My second and third set... not the hardest ones, but still very happy.

By Mateo Sanboval
That Omen 2 7-inch cover is eating me for breakfast. That's a trip.
By Dagar Volante
20170115_151300.jpg
20170115_151300.jpg (889.95 KiB) Viewed 5500 times
@deaf you made me post! - the most addictive of all, here's my little collection
By Mateo Sanboval
Those are awesome., Dagar Volante. The blood dripping down the Poltergeist obi and the weird crack in the Halloween obi are just awesome details. The cover art for the Deluxe Godzilla is really cool. And how can you go wrong with the original art for Creepshow? Those EC-style graphics and colors are eye popping.

I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings. I won't buy Japanese pressings.
By Hatter313
Seconding Mateo here, terribly nervous I may start in on this Japanese pressing game. I have a few but it was rarely a purchase made specifically because of its origin. Oh hell yet another collecting bug haha.

Somehow in the last year I ended up getting sucked into the pin thing and the other day I turned around and realized I have a decent amount of those funko pop figures...the recent twin peaks line announcement didn't do me any favors either... sometime I do the mental math on how much money I'd have if...no never mind, too upsetting to think about.
By Bezulsqy
Dagar Volante wrote:
20170115_151300.jpg
@deaf you made me post! - the most addictive of all, here's my little collection
I may be little, but those are some great releases! I only have 1 LP and 1 E of those... Would love to get my hands on that Halloween!
Excellent stuff Dagar.
By deathwaltz
If this isn't treason enough to begin collecting Japanese pressings I don't know what is
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (820.56 KiB) Viewed 5342 times
By Bezulsqy
deathwaltz wrote:If this isn't treason enough to begin collecting Japanese pressings I don't know what is
If you have a spare I'll take it ;-)
By Spun out of control
Well indeed, as Kasabian said 'Reason is Treason'.

Records always look nicer with that sleeve of hieroglyphics.

If I find a reasonably priced Japanese copy I'll add it to the collection but trying to steer away from purchase for the sake of it if western OG's work out cheaper. Then again I do enjoy the booklets and posters they sometimes come with too. Fully aware that Phantasm is a rare one with a different mix. Bravo!
By deafmetal
Mateo Sanboval wrote: The blood dripping down the Poltergeist obi...
@Mateo - It's actually pink ectoplasm. :)

Very enjoyable to see more contributors to this thread. Your spouses might not agree with me though... ;)
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote: The blood dripping down the Poltergeist obi...
@Mateo - It's actually pink ectoplasm. :)
Gross.