General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
Couldn't find the ebay/discogs "heads-up" thread so I made a new one.

Did anyone bid on any of the ~18 Italian library/OST auctions that ended yesterday 11/22 at about 1pm CST? Rino De Filipi's Insiemistica, Berto Pisano's 'Movie Soundtrack', Il Giorno Del Cobra and many more. I had a budget in mind for about six of them and got absolutely demolished, I thought they all sold for too much $$! Was curious if anyone here got into the action. I really wanted Insiemistica, but not for that crazy price! And also Il Magnifico Tony Carrera. Several of the listings are things that really need a reissue!
By deafmetal
I was gunning for the Pisano but it went way out of my range before I even put up a bid. Those guys put up some crazy auctions every now and then. They auctioned off an original Man With Icy Eyes LP a month or two ago as well.

Also, did you see the OG copy of Umiliani's Il Corpo from a seller in France? Went for over $1k USD.
By Dollarhyde
I was watching that 'little america' library, but as you mentioned I think they all went for way too much money.
But I guess if you've got the the money you can get the records, although hardcore diggers and dealers are probably picking these up way way cheaper than these prices.
By danwh1tepony
Zavvi in the UK has some crazy discounts on vinyl as part of its Black Friday offers. I got fantastic four for a tenner, the raid 2 for a tenner and cats eyes for 5.99 all with free delivery. Spacelab 9's stuff all seems to be really cheap, quite a few other good records too! The secret soundtrack seems to be 9.99 too, don't know if that includes tinker tailor soldier spy or if it starts next month.
By texasvinyl
Soundstagedirect currently has a sale on acid-free black poly-lined inner sleeves. $10 for a 50-pack. Free shipping over $50. I ended up getting 250 sleeves for $50 shipped.

Usually these end up costing around 50¢ each shipped, so 20¢ is a solid deal.
By texasvinyl
Deluxe is a pointless waste. I got suckered so you don't have to. Nothing special, if I recall a newsprint poster (the kind IDIB give away several of with every order) and a small puzzle with a fuzzy image printed on it.
By NathanLurker
yeah for 15 Euros more for the deluxe... I guess the standard is the way to go. I got it from a distributor, good LP, although less essential since I already have Death Waltz Absurd. the cipriani and frizzi tracks are really cool though. really cool.