General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bub
The new Majeure ep is up for pre-order.

Since he began moonlighting from his main gig as one-half of sci-fi prog powerhouse Zombi, multi-instrumentalist A.E. Paterra has become increasingly renowned as the mastermind behind Majeure. Following the assured debut epic, Timespan, his second album, Solar Maximum, delivered on the promise of a retro-futurist ambient synth-rock masterpiece. Romance Language continues this journey with two sprawling, side-long tracks that marry the sci-fi disco of Timespan with the celestial Mars-scapes of Solar Maximum. It is both a nod to Majeure's prior accomplishments, and a peek into his sunspot-bright future – fitting for an artist whose entire career has been devoted to fluidly melding the past and the future to create a transcendent present. This vinyl-only release is strictly limited to 1,000 copies.

VINYL FORMAT INCLUDES FREE MP3 DOWNLOAD COUPON

LIMITED EDITION COLORED VINYL VARIANT AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST: TRANSLUCENT PINK (EDITION OF 200)

Pre-order here
By lazyben
Thanks, have enjoyed the other majeure releases so have ordered this one too.
By ghostfires
I truly love Zombi, and I absolutely am in love with the first Majeure record, Timespan, but the track they have up as a sample for this new album was just dreadful. It is so boring and had some of the most annoying tones in it. I use to own absolutely everything from Steve Moore and Paterra - but here lately I've just not been able to bring myself to pay for anything new they're putting out on vinyl (with the exception of Moore's Panther Moderns on L.I.E.S.)...and I believe I'll skip on this record too.

It's a shame because these two guys are extremely talented, but these last few releases have just been dull synth runs with no excitement built in. There was suspense and excitement in every song from Zombi...it seems like they just don't have that magic on their own any more.
By Whip Wilson
I just picked this up. Thanks for the information, Bub. Cheers!