General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bub
Whenever possible, I like to keep the shrink wrap on my LPs intact because of the hype sticker they usually come with. With my Goblin tour ep however, I'm experiencing my first ever jacket bending. With the record inside, it looks fine but since it's a current/modern pressing, I'm wondering if this will cause a warp in the long run. Also wondering if there is a way to alleviate the pressure of the cellophane without having to completely remove it. Sorry if this seems like a n00b question. Thanks guys!
By lazyben
I always heard that the shrinkwrap will, er, shrink over time and warp the sleeve and record. I've certainly bought a few things where that process seemed to be well underway already.

So I remove the shrinkwrap unless I'm not opening the record at all.

I cut the shrink in a circle (or whatever shape is appropriate) fairly close to the sticker (if I want to keep it) and shove it in the polybag with the record and sleeve.
By siforster
I went through a phase years ago with imports where I used to cut the little "S" certificate thingy from the shrinkwrap before gluing that back to the newly wrap-free sleeve. Worried now that I might be the only person that did this, and wondering also if import records still have those things (or, worse, a sawcut in the cover)...
By static14
I do what ben does as well. I remove the shrink entirely and if there are any interesting stickers i'll cut them off the shrink and slide them in the jacket.
By RougeGorge
I keep it, I use a cutter to make a slit in order to get out the record and his paper.
When it's a gatefold (oblige to remove totally the plastic) I take my hairdryer to remove the sticker from the shrink wrap and stick it back at the top right of the cover.

All my records are in plastic sleeve like this: http://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/record-s ... len-154220 and they stay in it.
I can make two Lp/sleeve and see the front cover in each side.