General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
That's one of the greatest albums of all time, Pete. Trust your gut. First Light is another Hubberd diamond on CTI.
By CrossedPete
Sweet good to know. I picked up a couple other records I’ll probably play sometime this weekend. Although I might just keep this on for a while.
By Mateo Sanboval
Agreed, Nathan. They are fantastic.
By Mateo Sanboval
Love it, Dollar. Yusef is criminally under represented in the modern reissue game. He's rightfully recognized as a legend yet only Eastern Sounds gets run.
By Dollarhyde
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:00 pm Love it, Dollar. Yusef is criminally under represented in the modern reissue game. He's rightfully recognized as a legend yet only Eastern Sounds gets run.
So true Mateo, this album is a beaut!
By CrossedPete
Nice one @Jimmy I’ve been listening to that one on Spotify quite frequently lately. Would love to find a copy one day.
By ChrisMcQueen007
NathanLurker wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:54 pm Image

I love both volumes of the J Jazz compilation series. There's a 3rd one coming out soon.
That‘s good news! Also really enjoy Vol. 1 and 2 so will for sure also get the third one.
By 334578rpm
New arrival. Hope to dig into it tonight.
Attachments
PXL_20210220_213350320.jpg
PXL_20210220_213350320.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 1718 times
By CrossedPete
texasvinyl wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:10 pm His cti stuff is great
im really digging it so far. I listen to Red Clay over and over just keep flipping the platter. I just have the 2 CTI albums so I gotta track a few more down.
By texasvinyl
The nice thing is all the jazz snobs turn their noses up at them so I've never had to pay more than a few bucks for any of the.
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:12 am The nice thing is all the jazz snobs turn their noses up at them so I've never had to pay more than a few bucks for any of the.
Really? Their loss. Creed Taylor Industries is a tremendous label. There are so many classic records. Aside from Hubbard's entries, MIlt Jackson's Sunflower and Olinga are other all-timers. As is Jim Hall's Concierto. All of Turrentine's releases. Benson. Laws. Bob James. Ron Carter. Gilberto. Heck, even Lalo Schifrin has a few CTI sides. So much good.
By CrossedPete
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:47 am
texasvinyl wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:12 am The nice thing is all the jazz snobs turn their noses up at them so I've never had to pay more than a few bucks for any of the.
Really? Their loss. Creed Taylor Industries is a tremendous label. There are so many classic records. Aside from Hubbard's entries, MIlt Jackson's Sunflower and Olinga are other all-timers. As is Jim Hall's Concierto. All of Turrentine's releases. Benson. Laws. Bob James. Ron Carter. Gilberto. Heck, even Lalo Schifrin has a few CTI sides. So much good.
I’m just going to take a quick screen shot here check some of these out.
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:33 pm
334578rpm wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:15 pm New arrival. Hope to dig into it tonight.
nice. i was able to get one of these too.
How do they sound, Boys?
By 334578rpm
I meant to spin it the other night, but the wife wanted to play some Nintendo Switch after the kiddo went to bed, so we ended up playing Mario Kart until midnight or so (that's not a euphemism).

I will say, the "linen-wrapped" slip case is sexy af. Oddly, the entire slip was shrink-wrapped, then inside, there's the record in a standard sleeve, which itself was also shrink-wrapped.

I'll try to give it a spin tonight, unless she wants to play Donkey Kong (that's a euphemism).
By Mateo Sanboval
334578rpm wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:50 pm I meant to spin it the other night, but the wife wanted to play some Nintendo Switch after the kiddo went to bed, so we ended up playing Mario Kart until midnight or so (that's not a euphemism).

I will say, the "linen-wrapped" slip case is sexy af. Oddly, the entire slip was shrink-wrapped, then inside, there's the record in a standard sleeve, which itself was also shrink-wrapped.

I'll try to give it a spin tonight, unless she wants to play Donkey Kong (that's a euphemism).
I chortled audibly.
By CrossedPete
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 1657 times
picked up a couple Jazz albums yesterday. I saw someone spinning Yusef Lateef here so I figured I would give it a shot and I was pretty excited seeing Flood there. Don’t know too much about Grassella Oliphant though.