General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By monsterworship
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:40 pm How are those releases? Is it just color vinyl or is there more?
They are usually color vinyl and numbered editions. In some cases they are exclusive releases to VMP, in the tapscot case they made it sound like that would be the only pressing and it sold out within an hour. And then the other Real Gone pressings popped up. I haven't had a VMP pressing that was horrible, they've had some pressing mistakes which they promptly fix but in general the company has gone down hill as theyve gotten larger though.
By milliondollars
pulled this out of a box that was buried for more than 10 years. i remember hearing the RH Factor on the Gilles Peterson show when i was in Finland and i was hooked and had to get this album from the states, which was not easy back in 2003, even for a naive little kid like me, haha! now looking at it, it was totally unusual that artists on Verve got a vinyl release and i believe this was the only thing they have pressed in 2003 from the jazzy point of view in the states. really wonder what Roy Hargrove had to do to convince the label to do it but no matter what, I am really thankful they did. such a sophisticated piece of neo jazz and art in any form and the artist line up is quite impressive. even the super fancy high gloss cover is a class of its own.

this album is really recommended and it should see a repress in my opinion...

https://www.discogs.com/Roy-Hargrove-Pr ... se/1528382
20200318_070834_resized.jpg
20200318_070834_resized.jpg (1014.03 KiB) Viewed 4813 times
By Steve Powder
milliondollars wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:16 am pulled this out of a box that was buried for more than 10 years. i remember hearing the RH Factor on the Gilles Peterson show when i was in Finland and i was hooked and had to get this album from the states, which was not easy back in 2003, even for a naive little kid like me, haha! now looking at it, it was totally unusual that artists on Verve got a vinyl release and i believe this was the only thing they have pressed in 2003 from the jazzy point of view in the states. really wonder what Roy Hargrove had to do to convince the label to do it but no matter what, I am really thankful they did. such a sophisticated piece of neo jazz and art in any form and the artist line up is quite impressive. even the super fancy high gloss cover is a class of its own.

this album is really recommended and it should see a repress in my opinion...

https://www.discogs.com/Roy-Hargrove-Pr ... se/1528382
20200318_070834_resized.jpg
Amazing album yet again! Thanks for showing this to me 👍

You were in Finland? Did you live in here...? I'm proud
By milliondollars
you are from Finland @Steve? what a cool country!
i was not living there, just visiting a friend over there for some time, while he was studying over there in Turku...
By NathanLurker
Anyone followed We Release Jazz' latest releases ? They have 2 new Ryo Fukui releases for pre order, and their previous releases for Boillat Thérace Quintet seem very good to me. I preordered all of them.