General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
Looks nice. Admit I don't know Nathan Davis. Will have to listen to some tracks.

I am on this Kessel record again. Backed by Carlo Pes I believe uncredited, and Vannucchi and Tommaso. And Restuccia on drums. Excellent record and very cheap.

Listen to the track "Lison"

Attachments
IMG_20190111_075235326.jpg
IMG_20190111_075235326.jpg (3.83 MiB) Viewed 4848 times
By texasvinyl

This We Out Here record is great. Really well mastered and pressed. I gave it everything my system has and more and couldn't get one bit of distortion or loss of clarity. I actually think I damaged one of my Rokit monitors (oopps) we'll see, it might just need to rest.
By Mateo Sanboval
Tex, that's mighty impressive. I have the digital of this album and it's a fine listen. Maybe I should splurge for the wax...

PS - Hope your Rokit is on the mend.
By texasvinyl

Akira ishikawa & count buffalos. I was able to still get one retail. The original is stupid rare. Sound is pretty good, b+ source and pressing.

Ranges from fusion jazz rock, chilled out to frantic free insanity with everyone banging on their shit as loudly as possible.
By Mateo Sanboval
Is this another re:vinyl re-reissue, Tex, or did you cop a 2015 edition?
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:2015 one from a Japanese seller
Nice work, amigo.
By texasvinyl
Went to a record show this weekend. One guy had a whole bin of blue notes, many in NM condition. I wanted to buy everything, and after the fact I really regret not buying Chet mono Riverside.

I did buy this mono first press of Donald Byrd at the waterfront. It's a killer record, very happy.

I also found the red vinyl version of Julie Is Her Name, which someone mentioned here recently. What a great stripped down album that one is.

The blue note guy will be back in town 2nd half of february if anyone is interested. He had a lot of art Blakey, Horace silver, the Three Sounds, minty Midnight Blue and some other stuff.
Attachments
IMG_20190121_082936129.jpg
IMG_20190121_082936129.jpg (4.31 MiB) Viewed 4736 times
By monsterworship
texasvinyl wrote:Went to a record show this weekend. One guy had a whole bin of blue notes, many in NM condition. I wanted to buy everything, and after the fact I really regret not buying Chet mono Riverside.

I did buy this mono first press of Donald Byrd at the waterfront. It's a killer record, very happy.

I also found the red vinyl version of Julie Is Her Name, which someone mentioned here recently. What a great stripped down album that one is.

The blue note guy will be back in town 2nd half of february if anyone is interested. He had a lot of art Blakey, Horace silver, the Three Sounds, minty Midnight Blue and some other stuff.
nice. i grabbed a Donald Byrd - Street Lady on blue note last month in a trade, killer record.
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote:
texasvinyl wrote:Went to a record show this weekend. One guy had a whole bin of blue notes, many in NM condition. I wanted to buy everything, and after the fact I really regret not buying Chet mono Riverside.

nice. i grabbed a Donald Byrd - Street Lady on blue note last month in a trade, killer record.
Great Byrds, Tex and MW! Great seeing him get some run in here.
By Vapormeyer
texasvinyl wrote:Image

This We Out Here record is great. Really well mastered and pressed. I gave it everything my system has and more and couldn't get one bit of distortion or loss of clarity. I actually think I damaged one of my Rokit monitors (oopps) we'll see, it might just need to rest.

The London jazz scene is really taking off here, it's great it's found its way across the shores. Great album, and I agree, louder is the way.
By Vapormeyer
Hey Mateo! Feels like forever. I don't tend to visit much these days, still collecting but had to reign it in a bit recently. And this thread plus my lack of self control don't mix particularly well. (although I did just pick up that Japanese LITA comp!) Hope all is swell with you. I'll be sure to visit soon. Just had to big up old blighty with regards to that excellent jazz comp. Most of the artists on it have announced there own LP's recently. That last track is ace. Keep well all.
By texasvinyl

Doing a major re organization. Getting rid of genres, just everything alphabetical. I'm seeing stuff I forgot I had like this Randy Moses CTI. Hubert Laws, Freddie Hubbard, Ron Carter, Grover Washington Jr, Billy Cobham etc. Damn good record and totally slept on. Listen to the track "Ganawa". Hubbard has a 2 minute trumpet solo at about the 4 minute mark that is incredible

By Mateo Sanboval
That's a killer LP, Tex. I love that era of CTI. All of those amazing musicians all feeling free to follow the latest trends or, even better, to follow their own muses. I don't listen to Blue Moses often, but I always enjoy it when I do.

PS - Freddie Hubbard may be my favorite CTIer; Red Clay and First Light alone. Mein Gott.
By milliondollars
last night i played this classic Booker Ervine blue label. despite the music it is so crazy how good these pressings sound. i got these Jazzman/Spiritual Jazz/Blue Note releases recently to complete the collection. have played the first volume after that Trance record and they sounded so empty compared to that early Prestige. just hard to describe...

https://www.discogs.com/Booker-Ervin-Th ... se/4966774
20190313_230546_resized.jpg
20190313_230546_resized.jpg (868.07 KiB) Viewed 4302 times
By Mateo Sanboval
That's a fine LP right there, my friend.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:23 am That's a killer LP, Tex. I love that era of CTI. All of those amazing musicians all feeling free to follow the latest trends or, even better, to follow their own muses. I don't listen to Blue Moses often, but I always enjoy it when I do.

PS - Freddie Hubbard may be my favorite CTIer; Red Clay and First Light alone. Mein Gott.
Another great discovery thanks to this board. Listening to Freddie Hubbard right now on digital, and those two albums it made straight up to the top of my wantlist. Mein Gott, indeed.
By Mateo Sanboval
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:23 am That's a killer LP, Tex. I love that era of CTI. All of those amazing musicians all feeling free to follow the latest trends or, even better, to follow their own muses. I don't listen to Blue Moses often, but I always enjoy it when I do.

Another great discovery thanks to this board. Listening to Freddie Hubbard right now on digital, and those two albums it made straight up to the top of my wantlist. Mein Gott, indeed.
Yeah, baby! Get some!!