General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
@Jimmy_Mike
The lineup for sure. Jazz group from Antwerp + one of the most prolific and diverse Belgian musicians by the name of Mauro Pawlowski. The sound is Belgian because it sounds better than non-Belgian sound. And the tit is very Belgian as is has a more delicate softness than a non-Belgian tit. However the Dutch tit I frequently fondle is definitely on par with the Belgian examples in my past.
By milliondollars
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:57 am And the tit is very Belgian as is has a more delicate softness than a non-Belgian tit. However the Dutch tit I frequently fondle is definitely on par with the Belgian examples in my past.
haha! love the scientific approach on this very important topic. nice one @Bez! going to check this out. you're warmly welcome to share more jazz(y) spins in here...
By ChrisMcQueen007
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:57 am @Jimmy_Mike
The lineup for sure. Jazz group from Antwerp + one of the most prolific and diverse Belgian musicians by the name of Mauro Pawlowski. The sound is Belgian because it sounds better than non-Belgian sound. And the tit is very Belgian as is has a more delicate softness than a non-Belgian tit. However the Dutch tit I frequently fondle is definitely on par with the Belgian examples in my past.
:-)

BTW: Placebo mentioned above is also Jazz from Belgium - and it's the tits!
By milliondollars
a classic german jazz record to soothe your soul. great vibes on that one. this was repressed by MPS recently. love the german OBI with Ed Mottas comment on Fender Rhodes and vibraphone. how in the hell does he know and care about this record? haha! the reissue seems to be quite nice!

https://www.discogs.com/Michael-Naura-Q ... se/2684321
20190517_062518_resized.jpg
20190517_062518_resized.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 5072 times
naura quartet.JPG
naura quartet.JPG (82.59 KiB) Viewed 5072 times
By Mateo Sanboval
I love Motta and the posted track sounds great. I think I'm in.
By Dollarhyde
@million

Sounds of sound, drum method, high flying, electro keyboard orchestra.are all worth investigating further. I don't have all of these ones yet but they have all been on my want list either as a reissue or og.

Electro keyboard orchestra in og format is not so tricky to find but still has a price.

Now sound 75 I have not heard but is also on my want list as it features 3L (love live life) a heavy far out psych outfit feat. The Legendary Hiro Yanagida of Apryl Fool fame. Apryl Fool were a short lived Seminal Japanese psych rock band that featured a youthful Haorumi Hosono and Hiro Yanagida amongst others.
By Dollarhyde
It's the least I could do. Thanks to you I have a library wants list in the "@millions" ;D ... One day. Maybe.. that list will be fulfilled

And I will be broke and homeless
By Dollarhyde

Thanks @miillion for facilitating me picking this up.
Seriously good. Some really nice wordless vocal tracks I had not heard before, very edda-dell-orso-esque ;)
By milliondollars
wooow! so fast @Dollar? still waiting for mine. out of the batch i have ordered, this must be the most anticipated one. heard some clips and i can hear some funkiness in it, with hints of Headhunters, Lonnie Liston Smith and George Duke and even a little early Funkadelic if i am not mistaking completely. your Edda Dell'Orso pointing out makes me even more impatient waiting for this...
By Dollarhyde
@milliondollars the openings and closing tracks have wordless vocals, it's quite interesting how they fit in with funky sound of the group.
Definitely get a big headhunters vibe from the album, and headhunter vibe (Herbie Hancock).

Fukamachi did some incredible 80's ambient new age style synth work in the 80's but he was also a dirty analogue synth beast in the 70's too :D.
By milliondollars
another remarkable german vibraphone fender album by the Michael Naura Quintet. the second and last one to be precise. really love the feel on that one. mad smooth! it has that certain underwater vibe dealing with all kinds of fish and anything related. also interesting to read the liner notes. the inspiration for this was a Kenya trip by Michael Naura. you can listen to the whole album on youtube. on the fine german fried-egg-label...

https://www.discogs.com/Michael-Naura-Q ... se/2042562
20190530_090522_resized.jpg
20190530_090522_resized.jpg (694.03 KiB) Viewed 4940 times
By milliondollars
got a crazy Re:Vinyl bundle yesterday! i am overwhelmed by the quality. professional plastic inner cover to preserve the vinyl from hairlines. no clicks, no pops, no dirt, no nothing. just dead quiet vinyl, tight sound and fantastic mastering. would not be surprised if some of these would sound better than the original copies because i just cant imagine it can get any better than this. newish OST stuff that comes from europe and the states (Mondo, WW,...) turn out to be a nightmare compared to these fine slabs. i got bored of buying some of these with dirty records, tons of static, pops and the cheapest paper inner covers and stuff like that. of course these japanese records are a bit more expensive but they are worth every penny. love to see the japanese devotion in these Re:Vinyl issues. seriously recommended!

first up was the High-Flying one. what a jewel! nice one @Dollar!

https://www.discogs.com/Hiromasa-Suzuki ... se/9349027
20190603_204315_resized.jpg
20190603_204315_resized.jpg (653.26 KiB) Viewed 4925 times
Last edited by milliondollars on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By milliondollars
also, speaking about J Jazz...volume 2 is on it's way...volume 1 was one of the most interesting comps from 2018 in my opinion...
j jazz 2.JPG
j jazz 2.JPG (65.06 KiB) Viewed 4922 times
By Dollarhyde
milliondollars wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:59 am another late night spin of mine is this german classic record. really more jazz than rock. love the rough sound of the electric piano on this one. nice high gloss cover, too. recommended!!

https://www.discogs.com/The-Mike-Nock-U ... se/3139057

20190611_202519_resized.jpg
Looks interesting million. I have a German jazz comp somewhere titled between or beyond the black forest, a great comp will have to dig it out.

Was tempted to have a bid on this one until the price sky rocketed.

Hopefully a quality reissue will appear sometime soon
Hiromasa Suzuki-Rock Joint Cither-Silk Road

The full LP is on YouTube

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q294641175
By milliondollars
would be interesting to see that german comp @Dollar! do not know it by now...

also, thanks for the heads up on the Silk Road. looks super interesting. would like to see more of this stuff getting the Re:Vinyl treatment...

another spin one from the latest haul i got is this Electro Keyboard Orchestra you have mentioned. that one totally belw me away! so unique! sounds like the hidden library grail that was never made! super interesting and fun production that reminds me of Boneschi somehow. and again, that certain Headhunters feel. such a good record! these guys are the real pimpin' analog brothers from japan, haha!

https://www.discogs.com/Electro-Keyboar ... e/11904361
20190613_065341_resized.jpg
20190613_065341_resized.jpg (817.25 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
By tim28212
not much jazz in my collection but I do have a few 6-eyes
Attachments
P6152861.jpg
P6152861.jpg (214.83 KiB) Viewed 4808 times