General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
Have re-named this thread to expand the musical content... to be honest I'm not 100% sure where synth wave ends and dark wave begins or vice versa...hence the thread title!

To me synthwave tends to be more your bright sounding, 1980s-type stuff, whereas dark wave is more gothic, Carpenter-influenced electronica... meatier-sounding synths and well, 'darker', in a nutshell.

I wonder if the artists making this music that sometimes post on this board have a view? ;)

Thanks for all the posts by the way guys, lots of cool discoveries that I'm sure most of us would never have heard otherwise... keep 'em coming

Here's another interesting one that attracted me via the Deathrace 2000 inspired cover art, via the bordelloapargi website

By prettybleak

grabbed this the other day. definitely more on the darkwave side of things; pretty killer

By ghostfires
Has anyone at all heard anything about the possibility of the Carpenter Brut albums being combined for vinyl or even released separately on vinyl? I really don't want to spend the money tracking down the CDs if it will become a vinyl release sooner than later. Finally getting around to listening, and really am enjoying the music!
By terryreidsauce
@ghostfires

His music is top notch. I read somewhere (Facebook?) that Carpenter Brut should be releasing a vinyl around March of all three of his EPs combined called Trilogy. No pre-order info yet though.
By Spun out of control
Re: Carpenter Brut:

"Your third EP will release on January 19th via iTunes and Bandcamp but all of us hardcore fans will have to wait for the physical 'Trilogy' in March. What can you tell us about it?

Neuropa, an awesome independent Belgian record label that works with Ulver or Amen Ra for example, will release it. The mighty Førtimen whom I work with since the beginning of CB are in charge of the visual. There will be 500 vinyls and 500 triple CD. There will also be a small quantity of CD “Black BVS style” designed for those who already bought the two first EPs on CD earlier on, now available on Bandcamp."

From this INTERVIEW
By Purplemule74
Sayak Striker's sophomore effort is out and I dig it:

Sayak Striker's Never Surrender

By Purplemule74
@Spun -

Yeah, it looks that way to me too. If I happen to see hardcopies go up I'll be sure to post it.
By Purplemule74
Makeup and Vanity Set, that brought us the awesome '88:88' just posted an announcement that they are releasing a new album, limited to 250 LP copies.

Click the following link to check it out:

Makeup and Vanity Set - LINK

...This is likely going to sell super fast so you'd better jump on it!
By toosoonjunior
Thanks, purplemule! This is an automatic blind buy for me. I love Makeup and Vanity Set!
By Purplemule74
Hey Toosoon -

I actually was thinking of you when I posted for Makeup and Vanity Set - I'm glad you were able to snatch up a copy!
By Purplemule74
Cluster Buster: Knee-Deep in the Dead:

<LINK HERE>
By toosoonjunior
House Of Lost Souls by CΔ†ΔCOMBS
https://ccombs.bandcamp.com/releases

Nice horror-synth side project by Venture X, who typically focuses on nu-disco/hip hop. If you like Espectrostatic, Slasher Film Fest Strategy, Pentagram Home Video, then you'll probably dig this abum. Check it out!

By Purplemule74
I don't know how this slipped under my radar, but there is a compilation tribute to Carpenter that has some notable synthwave folks involved (link after poster):

LINK
By Purplemule74
Rosso Corsa is a synthwave label that frustratingly hasn't released any artists on vinyl. They do have some great folks that are on board, including Lazerhawk and Mitch Murder.

When I was snooping on Bandcamp, I noticed that Rosso Corsa has a new release that they didn't post on their main webpage (odd). The album is from an artist named Soviet and is titled, 'Ghosts'.

It is worth a listen - I haven't been knocked out lately by any synthwave release (other than Makeup and Vanity Set 'Wilderness', they are constant as the north freak'n star), but I did like this after giving it a whirl. Link after the pic:

Soviet - Ghosts LINK
By Spun out of control
Sounds interesting Vi-Res... a work in progress or a trailer for a forthcoming opus?

In the meantime just discovered this chap - Vision Heat - with an electronic horror scores project which some of you may find interesting (apologies if someone has posted this somewhere else already - new to me at least). Currently a free download on Bandcamp, with a VHS inspired LP just surfacing...

BANDCAMP LINK