General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Juiceycow
BurningTapes wrote:@juicycow that's my photo...
Glad you are liking the album too, I absolutely recommend it to anyone who is yet to check it out.
Heh, I was wondering if there was a crossover from that facebook page and these boards!
So for those dudes who like their soundtrack music on the electronic side...

As posted in the label thread, this Friday (Sept 2nd) we are releasing ' W A S P' by Bryce Miller. Very excited about this one. It's a lovely sounding set of tunes... if you like your synth soundtracks ice cold that is!

Here's a video trailer and first look at the tapes (digital download included with all purchases as usual).

Official press release:

Spun Out Of Control is both proud & excited to present the first tape release from fast rising LA-based composer and musician Bryce Miller. Limited to 100 hand-numbered copies worldwide, ‘W A S P’ comprises 12 multi-layered, constantly surprising and moodily evocative tracks for synthesizer and piano, inspired by the Millennium Trilogy of books from acclaimed author Stieg Larsson (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire & The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest). This is, in effect, the soundtrack to those novels.

Once again featuring stunningly appropriate J-card design by Eric Adrian Lee (DeathWaltz/Mondo, Giallo Disco & Wil-Ru Records), Bryce Miller’s W A S P is presented as a mustard-coloured cassette shell with wasp-ish black ink pad printing… thereby evoking the stripe-y critter with a sting in its tail; a description befitting many of the featured tracks. Film score fans, as well as those of superior synth work, are sure to find many new favourites here.

Composer Bryce Miller on ‘W A S P’:

“Author Stieg Larsson’s characters Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist from the Millennium Trilogy are incredibly complex and haunting characters, faced with conflicts both internal and external. With this album I sought to write music for both their characters, as well as the stark frigid climate of Sweden, where the stories take place. The music sounds cold and claustrophobic at times, with icy pads and brooding drones, but is tied together by fragile emotional melodies that float above the dense layers of synth textures. I personally find that listening to music whilst reading elevates the story and its world.”

If you can't wait for Friday, Norman has it up as a pre-order here:
https://www.normanrecords.com/records/1 ... er-w-a-s-p

Cheers guys, hope you dig it!
Attachments
Bryce Miller composer Wasp soundtrack copy.jpg
Bryce Miller composer Wasp soundtrack copy.jpg (616.75 KiB) Viewed 7159 times
Went to what was billed as the first ever Synthwave festival on the east coast a couple weeks ago. All the bands were great. The one band i wasn't familar with that really impressed me was Arcade High.
tumblr_onpd41io8C1qlw4rfo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_onpd41io8C1qlw4rfo1_1280.jpg (215.48 KiB) Viewed 6458 times
Purplemule74 wrote:@Arcadefire - That looks like a great line-up of synthwave acts. Wish I could have attended that!
Yea ,bro it was rad. Betamaxx did the whole Kung Fury soundtrack, Dance With the Dead and Gost both had murderous sets, whole show was cray.
By Bub
This sounds interesting.

HOLLYWOOD BURNS "INVADERS" LP

Perfectly melding the spirit of 1950s radio dramas and classic sci-fi films with 80s electro, 70s funk and disco, and wrapping the entire package in astounding orchestral arrangements; “Invaders” is perhaps one of the best electronic debut albums of all-time.

With huge nods towards Giorgio Moroder, Bernard Herrmann (“The Day the Earth Stood Still,” “Psycho,” “North by Northwest”), Jerry Goldsmith (“Gremlins”, "Alien"), and Danny Elfman … Hollywood Burns provides the perfect link between cinema soundtrack nostalgia and classic dance.

https://www.blood-music.com/store-us/ho ... uu-lp.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcJGirLu2xo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR4sOLWlJ_Y
On a serious note, this fits into Blood Music's catalog aesthetic quite well. For me, most acts on that label seem like a fun live show, but are a bit too toy metal/Hi-NRG for my daily listening. Blood Music is wildly popular so I'm aware my opinion isn't everyone's.
I've been ordering from Blood Music for years now, and the thing I have to give them is the price of their releases is VERY fair and the product is good. Out of probably 20+orders, I've never had a single issue. They got me into Perturbator , who I saw live in NYC and was a great show. Grabbed the Hollywood Burns and the Master Boot Record as blind buys, can't wait to check them out.