General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By theraygun
Hello all.

Not quite a soundtrack, but it is a bit, if you see what I mean...

That Demdike Stare Test Pressing #3 is the house record they've been threatening to make.

And it's on a lovely peach vinyl too.

It's up at Boomkat, think it might be exclusive.

As ever, you may have to wait a few days while they take pictures of records and write overly long reviews, but it's worth the wait.
By grumpynorthener
I've been really impressed with all the Test Pressings, and that peach vinyl is lush.
By Mr_Noose
First post ^___^

Yh the Test Pressing series have been really nice so far, for me the 2nd one has been the best of the bunch.

Look forward to hearing what else the have in store!
By ifots
maybe im going to have to try out these guys again. I only grabbed one record and i was cheesy didgeridoo ethno dance music, not the cinematic occult driven electronica that was advertised?
By afriendofken
Completely missed out on this Testpressing series; must've slipped me by. It's worth grabbing if I see it then? I managed to pick up all of the elemental series on vinyl, which is beautiful in terms of both sound and art design.
By theraygun
"cheesy didgeridoo ethno dance music" Hahahaha. I even like the sound of that. Yothu Yindi scenes.

afriendofken – I wasn't a big fan of the first two, but love the third one.
By Mr_Noose
i think the "cheesy didgeridoo " music you speak of was the remix of Stone that they did...

Would really love another forest of evil type release from them
By ifots
i have hungry ears..please what do you guys think i should start with?
By jonnydub
Demdike are great
By grumpynorthener
Aren't they just. Great live as well, I saw them last year at Union Chapel, blew me away.
By roboter23
@ifots: For me 'Liberation Through Hearing' is the best of their releases.
Some time ago I buyed 'Tryptich', which is a collection of three albums ('Liberation...', Forest Of Evil' and 'Voices Of Dust'). I buyed the cd version, because the lp version is too expensive. All three albums are great! Furthermore, the cd version includes several bonus tracks!

Beside 'Demdike Stare' I advise you to look for the other projects of Miles and Canty, for example 'Neotantrik' or 'Slant Azymuth'!

Demdike Stare had a big influence on my own musical producing. This year I released a tape on Further Records. All tracks are made of samples from soundtrack lps, which I collected over the years. Maybe you like it...
2Mounts - 'Sycamore'
http://furtherrecords.org/album/sycamore
By ifots
thanks man will check all that out!
By afriendofken
@ifots I'd agree with @roboter23 that 'Liberation...' is definitely their strongest work. I would also recommend the debut album by The Haxan Cloak, haven't listened to his new one yet, but the self-titled debut is intense.
By mynamesmike
The last Haxan Cloak was even better than his debut...
By Oiche

We ♥ Demdike & Co.
By Mr_Noose
^^ @oiche nice
By grumpynorthener

Pretty pleased with this find today especially for £3
By orbtastic
I can't lie, I got Tryptych a few years ago and just didn't "get" it at all.
By Mugsey
Very nice Oiche!!
By Ubik
I think Demdike are massively overated. The music is okay, but just seems very generic to me. I get tired of the endless self perpetuating hype machine that is Boomkat.