General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By pmeaney65
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about upgrading from my Crosley 5 in 1 to a new turntable system as I return to college next month. I'm on an extremely limited budget but I want to try to get the best quality upgrade for my buck. I've been thinking about getting an Audio Technica AT-LP120 but am stuck on what type of speakers I should get for it. If you guys have any suggestions or tips for me that would be awesome as this will be my first true turntable. Thanks!
By Ubik
Rega RP1 would likely blow the Audio Technica out of the water, same price bracket as well. The Project Debut series are also very good sounding turntables for the same kind of money.
By chandler75
I have a Rega RP2 (the NAD clone) which I'm very happy with - and it looks good, too. I have upgraded the Goldrig Electra cart that came with it to a Ortofon 2M Red cart.

I also recently upgraded my old NAD system to a new NAD C356BEE amp with a built-in NAD PP375 RIAA phono module. I got two DALI LEKTOR 6 speakers and VAN DEN HUL snowline speaker cables along with it, and I'm very happy with the whole setup.
By tadge
I had a Project RPM4 and thought it was piss poor. Have a Thorens TD160 with a sme arm and nagaoka cart now. Save up a bit longer and get yourself something good second hand. Its worth it in the long run.
By hncreature
Sold off a Stanton STR8-30 and picked up the Denon DP300F with a Oroton 2m Red cartridge - I wanted an automatic because nothing worse than being deep into preparing a meal and having to listen to the needle keep going on and on and not being able to get to it right away...drives me nuts!
By Mr. Vos
I've recently upgraded from a Project Debut to a Clearaudio Concept and could not be happier.