General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
His new album "The Big Dream" should be arriving today, and I'm looking forward to hearing it. I really liked
"Crazy Clown Time"! Just wondering if any other DL fans are following his post-filmmaking output , and what your thoughts are on the music? Obviously he has always been involved in music/put stuff out in various forms, but this now appears to be his main field of creativity.
By afriendofken
I was really into the dirge-y bluesy side of crazy clown time; generally I liked the album but didn't quite love it. I think the tracks I liked best were the ones I could imagine being in one of his films; the bluesy but with a menacing edge to them tracks. Looking forward to hearing this new one though.
By PaulZaza
i really liked crazy clown time, by the way i have the fat box set in that velvet case(it is just awesome as hell). i dig last tracks most, there were moody mental ill and very special lyrics. speed roadster was already in surveillance(the movie from his daughter jennifer lynchen, great flick).
i preordered the big dream a while ago but i live in germany so i think it will arrive in 3-4 weeks:-( i'm hoping he can continue this cool work...but i'm hoping more he will make another movie!:-9:-(
By DISCOSUCKS...
I'm also holding out hope for more feature films from the "great meditator" ;) but I did grow to love Crazy Clown Time, and travelling around the city listening on 'phones does create some very visual impressions to the music....you can't help but wonder what's going on in all these sad, bad and crazy urban lives that we're often living.
A great soundtrack to such wonderings! If you haven't seen it, his video for the title track is very cool, and he recently made one for NIN comeback single:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... RN6pT3zL44

And I'm sure you all know about it, but I really rec'd the previous album he wrote/produced for Chrysta Bell. Another big grower - and such a classic Lynch muse: equal parts blank-eyed Stepford droid, cool pop diva, long-limbed Texan Playmate, cabaret turn, retro-doll........(aherm) :)
By carloscadaver
Picked up the new LP, it's aces all around. I highly recommend people to give it a chance. Good stuff! AND, if you're in LA, there's a signing tonight at AMOEBA!
By siforster
Spent far too much this week already (!), but might give it a blast next week

In vaguely related news, David has also contributed artwork (and 25 signed prints, distributed randomly) for Adam Harding's Dumb Numbers project, also featuring Lou & Murph out of Dinosaur Jr.
The purple coloured vinyl sold out in a day, there's a blue one added that's on sale for the rest of today IIRC, and then it's off onto black.

[video]http://vimeo.com/69549923[/video]