General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
Stark Reality – The Stark Reality Discovers Hoagy Carmichael’s Music Shop

LINK

Highly recommended reissue...

Check out the Discogs page: LINK
By layneharvey
i'm sure you guys have seen this, but i didn't notice it posted here yet. Terror-Vision's release of NOT OF THIS EARTH (Chuck Cirino) is up for preorder:

http://www.terror-vision.com/store/chuc ... -earth-ost

i can't seem to figure out how to check out, maybe i'll try a different browser. here is the pressing info:

$25.00
T.V.001 - Chuck Cirino 'Not of this Earth' OST LP

Pressing numbers:

200 - 180 Gram Black (mail-order only variant)

600 - Opaque Yellow & Milky Clear A Side B Side color (Retail)

150 - Transparent Dark Blue in Transparent Light Blue Color in Color with White Splatter (subscriber color)

Comes packaged in Old Style 'Tip-On' Gatefold Jacket w/ full color inner sleeve featuring liner notes by Jim Wynorski & Chuck Cirino.

This is a pre-order. It will arrive to you by the 7/28 release date.
By layneharvey
yeah, it seems to display a Cart option on IE once you add it to cart, but not on chrome. just a heads up! this one looks like a really fun release.
By texasvinyl
Does this play at 33 or 45? I listened to it all the way through on both speeds and still don't have a clue
By layneharvey
@texas - pretty sure it is 33. that lined up with the track times from the digital version listing on discogs.
By Oiche

Max Richter's latest non-OST project is about a good nights sleep. Its 8 hours long and available to dl in Sep. A 2LP version will also be pressed with outtakes on black and transparent wax. More info HERE
By Bub
New Zombi album "Shape Shift" up for pre-order!

Here are all the different editions

Shape Shift Deluxe 2xLP + Slipmat *Black/Red/Blue Tricolor* LTD to 150 Mailorder Exclusive

Shape Shift 2xLP *Red/Blue Merge w/ White Splatter* LTD to 500 Mailorder Exclusive

Shape Shift 2xLP *25th Anniv. Silver* LTD to 250 Mailorder Exclusive

Shape Shift 2xLP
By kumachan
They also have a Steve Moore album up. I was curious if the "European import Belgian Flag limited edition" was limited to 150 copies from them, or if they had 150 copies but more would be available from Europe, however it sold out in the time I was deciding whether to wait but would be nice to know!
By deathwaltz

Absolutey essential.
By Dollarhyde
New Kuedo EP up at boomkat.

Think Bladerunner meets footwork, sounds very good.

LINK
By texasvinyl
Will Holland AKA Quantic is one of my favorite artists. If he has a bad record out there I haven't heard it yet. I had the great pleasure of seeing a Quantic show with Nidia Gongora at the Empire Control Room in Austin a while back, just fantastic!

For Euro members, he is doing shows in Belgium, Copenhagen, Germany, Denmark, UK in the next couple of weeks.

Quantic Presents The Western Transient is the latest project from Will “Quantic” Holland, bringing together a handpicked band of some of his favourite musicians to realise a set of new compositions paying homage to the rich, lively and intimate quality of the classic soul and jazz recordings. The resulting album, 'A New Constellation', is out 31st July on Tru Thoughts (with a deluxe, handmade hardback gatefold vinyl edition); in characteristically mercurial fashion this new outing sees Holland following up the explosive, worldly electronic and vocal direction of his last solo album, 'Magnetica', with a suite of traditionally recorded pieces that capture the spontaneous beauty in the old ways of music making.

“A transient is a burst of energy that hits and falls off, leaving nothing behind. It is temporary, momentary in its action, like an ink drop on a page that fades almost as soon as it’s dry”, says Holland; “Music is a muddle of transients or rather, a meeting place for them, where the short lived can become eternal.”

His thirst for musical exploration has seen British born Holland release over 15 albums - ranging from electronic solo productions via the full live funk and soul bands the Quantic Soul Orchestra and the Combo Bárbaro to Latin, African and Caribbean styles - and become renowned as one of music’s modern trailblazers. On moving to New York in early 2014 (from Colombia, where he had been settled for seven years), he started travelling the US more regularly as a DJ as well as with his band. Rediscovering his love affair with instrumental jazz and soul records in which the studio ensemble takes the spotlight, he decided to record a full length album paying homage to recording in this classic sense and also to collaborate with many of the musicians that he had worked with in the city of Los Angeles. “In independent music, LA has always had a sound and ethos that is contagious, and I’ve spent many hours in the city for the odd show, overdub or a quick breeze through on tour”, explains Holland; “So, I returned to the western metropolis enlisting a cast of revered musicians, seven reels of magnetic tape and an Ampex tape machine. It’s difficult not to love anything recorded through an Ampex.”

The lead single, preceding the album on 10th July, is “Creation (East L.A.)”, a song for winding your car windows down, dedicated to many good times in East LA, backed with a remix by The Reflex. Also set for the limelight ahead of the LP is album opener “Latitude”, a beautiful track inspired by the highs and lows of having the freedom to roam, which has been licensed as a theme song by LA’s iconic KCRW (Quantic also plays live at KCRW’s Summer Nights alongside De La Soul).

The compositions themselves were prepared over a series of writing sessions in an autumnal Brooklyn. “The themes reflect the beginnings of living in a new city, a creative intermission and a desire to experiment with an instrumental jazz format on American soil”, Holland elaborates. “Jumble Sale” evokes memories of childhood treasure-hunting, tied into renowned crate-digger Holland’s enduring enthusiasm for flea markets and second hand shops. New beginnings are symbolised by the sonic imagery of a burgeoning galaxy on “A New Constellation”, featuring a transporting Moog solo by Brandon Coleman, while guitar and electric piano meet in circling motifs to celebrate the essence of tranquil­ity on “Requiescence”. “Nordeste” is a melodic portrait of the northeast style heard on a trip to the region of Caruaru and Recife in Brazil; continuing the travel theme, “Bicycle Ride” salutes the many great cycle rides to be had in New York, while the album closes out with an ode to cherished friend and lover in “Mirzan”, and saxophone led electric ballad “The Orchard”.

Band director, producer and rhythm guitarist on ‘A New Constellation’, Holland is joined by Wilson Viveros, whose provocative drumming has contributed to many of Quantic’s live shows and Colombian sessions; greatly admired soloist and arranger Sylvester Onyejiaka (AKA Sly5thAve ), another regular Quantic band member, on sax and flute; trumpeter Todd Simon, with whom Holland struck up a friendship on an early LA trip, sparking a long-time desire to get back into the studio together. Completing the band is the energising electric piano playing of Brandon Coleman, charismatic bassist Gabe Noel and the rhythmic seasoning of Alan Lightner on percussion.
By texasvinyl
Perturbator 404 reissue preorder is live.

Blood Music records

Good luck because their site is getting absolutely pounded, 508 resource exceeded errors out the ass.

LINKY CLICKY
By Aremagod
@texas thanks for the heads up...It was a pain in the ass but i managed to snag a copy of the Perturbator....now the long wait until Oct.
By Revolver_OcelScott
It was funny, but I was able to check out about 30 minutes prior to the actual release time and avoided the lag. I wanted to get the glow in the dark, but I couldn't justify that much of a price jump from the colored vinyl, so I grabbed the 2 color one.
By Hatter313
Ghost Box are apparently releasing a double album compilation in honor of their 10th anniversary. definitely a must buy for me. Pre orders start in September

http://www.ghostbox.co.uk/home.htm
By lowbrow38
The NIGHT SEQUELS 1rst album is available for pre-order. Some of you might already be familiar to this band for their remix of one of the tracks of The Three Sisters OST by Repeated Viewing. Expect some gloomy cinematic soundscapes on 2 gorgeous colored vinyls.
http://www.spintheblackestcircles.com/f ... x/page/19/
By lowbrow38
Thanx to Spencer for the hint. The UNITS were the missing link between The SCREAMERS and DEVO. A long awaited repress and Futurismo record label did a great job.
By Jimmy_Mike
Not on vinyl, but @TAG is gonna flip out. Prurient remix of Carpenter: LINK
By deafmetal
@spun - preorders are now up for sale on sacredbonesrecords.com and over at Transmission.
By Spun out of control
@deaf... Yep I saw that, cheers - was thinking, do I really need the vinyl to go with the digital and then, naturally, caved & ordered. :)

Also there's a new Blanck Mass 12 inch up on SB for anyone interested in that sort of thing.
By deafmetal
Has anybody checked out the recent Aphex Twin represses on the label "1972"? I saw that they just repressed Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, which I usually recommend to anybody who will listen, but I found a few people complaining on forums about the pressing quality as being sourced from CD and not sounding very good.

Any solid feedback? I have all the original albums on Warp, but I don't want to recommend represses if the quality is not there.