General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Whip Wilson
Not really synthwave, but excellent nonetheless. Yamanenko's debut cassette. There are still comes at Bookmat HERE.
By ghostfires
I'm really digging that Collar soundtrack cassette, but did you purchase one yet? $8USD for shipping within the U.S. ? OUCH! That turns $7 cassette into a $15 cassette. That seems a bit much for the basic edition. Shame too, I was ready to buy...but not be ripped off. I shipped a cassette earlier today and it cost me less than $3.00 with a tracking number.
By Whip Wilson
Thanks for the tips, TSJ. Ghosty, I've not attempted a purchase yet, but that is steep shipping for the lower 48. I quite liked the Protector 101/Perturbator split also on Revolving Door.
By ghostfires
Goddamn cassettes are overtaking my vinyl purchases!

Seriously though, that Pentagram Home Video was a great call - it sounds damn good on cassette.
By toosoonjunior
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about Pentagram...the sound is so well suited for tape listening.

I see that Miami Vice - Palm Haze tape...was listening to that just this morning! I'd like to get my hands on that M. Akers tape there as well, if anyone knows where I can grab one of those.
By ghostfires
@toosoonjunior - call or email Recycled Books in Denton, TX. That's where I bought mine this past weekend, and they had one copy left on the shelf as of last Friday. All the records I bought there they shipped to me after I paid for them - so I'm positive they could ship you a cassette.

http://www.recycledbooks.com/

They have a toll free number too - Toll-Free: 866-651-5688

That Palm Haze was definitely good! I'm digging on the Luxury Elite tapes right now!
By toosoonjunior
lol! I live 4 blocks from Recycled! They're awesome. BRB!
By toosoonjunior
BOOM! 20 minutes later and it's in my hands! Both my hometown and this forum never cease to amaze me!

Thanks a bunch, Ghostfires! :D

Ghostfires, how do you know about Recycled?
By ghostfires
@toosoonjunior - haha that's awesome. Well...

I was born & raised in Tyler, TX. I went to college for a while at UNT and lived in Denton, and went to Recycled quite a bit during my college years (it's where I picked up at least 20-30 Tangerine Dream records back in the early 2000s!). My grandparents-in-law live in St Jo, TX which is about 45 mins North of Denton, and I went there for Thanksgiving...so on Black Friday I didn't feel like going to any where with heavy traffic, so I took my 6 year old son to Recycled and we went book/movie/record shopping. I also lived in Austin for three years, and just moved out here to Jacksonville, FL about 7/8 months ago.

Glad you were able to pick up the last tape!
By toosoonjunior
Nice! I was just curious as we have folks from all over the globe on this forum, but it can still be kind of a small world at times! I've been going to Recycled since I was a kid...it's a Denton institution for sure. The price sticker on that tape says it's been on the shelf since at least 2/2014...no telling how many times I've walked right by it without noticing it. Thanks again for the heads up! Worked out incredibly well!
By Whip Wilson
All of the M Akers stuff I have gotten my greasy mitts in has been more than worth my time and the expense. That tape is no exception. Quite a pleasant fellow, to boot.
By Spun out of control
Thanks for the synth-y heads up Dagar - this reminds me of some of the Giallo Disco stuff. See they (he?) have a Facebook and bandcamp, with the album you mention scheduled for March 2015. Again another STBC discovery for me.

(not sure about the NSFW high gloss/fetish/gore combo in the vid, which presumably DD just scored, but may float someone's boat!)

BANDCAMP

FACEBOOK
By ghostfires
Come on guys - give me some cheaper, more affordable tapes already! Take it easy on my wallet!

I really liked the second track on that VHS Glitch album, and was about to buy the very last one...but damn, its nearly $20 USD after shipping and currency conversion. Just too rich for my blood. It's a really nice sounding album though!
By toosoonjunior
Yeah, I am currently drowning in tapes and the shipping overseas can be killer. For what it's worth, there will be a repress of this tape as well.
By Whip Wilson
Thanks for the heads up, TSJ. I missed it. Darn thise night shifts and Pacific time zones! Appreciated all the same.
By toosoonjunior
Mateo, keep an eye out for a tape repress of Evil Technology and Dark Hill by VHS Glitch soon.
By Whip Wilson
Roger that, hombre. I plan on it. I just saw that the digital isn't available on it's own yet so hopefully that's a good sign.