Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Light In The Attic
Were working on it my friend...it's a lot of work to keep all the pre-orders organized on the logistical end, so I appreciate your patience.
By siforster
Thanks!
And I've only just realised how many times I mentioned this in this thread, which goes some way to explaining how I buggered it up in the first place :)
By unpopular_poet
I grabbed the Lanegan set yesterday but unfortunately missed out on the limited copy....not too worried about it though...this is definitely something that is going to get tons of play time. I also noticed that Grateful Dead One From the Vault is up for presale...hilarious...considering how much I shelled out for my European pressing not just six months ago...If only I would have been patient...
By thedeepness
I was psyched to see One from the Vault is getting repress. I never shelled out for the european pressing so I had to preorder. The Dead have been putting out so much great Live Vinyl in the past couple years.
By siforster
LITA subscribers should already have their red vinyl Lanegan anthologies, you lucky buggers.

Looking at UK prices (Between £32.99 and £37.99 for the vinyl!), looks like pre-ordering from the US was the cheapest option! Hoping Her Majesty's Customs & Excise gives me a break though...
By siforster
Got the CD copy today after spotting an ebay bargain - really thrilled to see a good friend of mine from a site I once did a bit of work on (and still contribute every now and then) mentioned 3 times in the credits!

Really nice choice of released tracks, albeit in an initially weird order (grouped in albums, but chronologically odd. Works fine though). Would have been nice to have had a bit of history behind things, but that's kind of not his way, and the vagueness of the info (most have a 2 year "sort of about then" margin for error) is as good an indication that his past wasn't always a very personally coherent one. Also, it's lovely to see Natasha Scheider's name in there, as well as feeling sad at the reminder that she's not here anymore.
By siforster
...and here's the thing I wrote about it. Only realised about halfway through that it's only a fortnight until Whiskey For the Holy Ghost turns 20. I feel old now.
By Light In The Attic
Thanks for the support guys.

I have a few copies on both YELLOW & RED colored wax, for the Lanegan 3xLP box set. Hit me up at josh@lightintheattic.net if you want to grab one at a fair price.

And yes, international shipping rates suck on these box sets. Seriously, it costs $35 to mail a 3xLP set to the UK!
By 10T5
Try Ernie B's Reggae, he ships from US, but the postage rates for EU are cheap!
By siforster
Oo, red ones still available? *emails furiously*
By GimmeGrooves
(hoping to snag a yellow or red from ya Josh!)

Will there be other titles from Lanegan coming from you guys, I sooo wish for Whiskey From The Holy Ghost to be reissued on vinyl.
By siforster
A Vol.2 would be lovely with some of the noisier stuff (Josephine! - and there's one he did with All Systems Go for a film) wouldn't go amiss, it must have been so hard to keep the extras down to just the one disc!

Whiskey For The Holy Ghost is a stone cold classic - glad the main anthology ended with The River Rise - and it's 20 years old this week (which reminds me, I have something to ask someone)! Surprised Sub Pop haven't done something to commemorate :(
By GimmeGrooves
I will never forget the day I was standing in my all-time fave but now-long-gone record store, looking through the usual top 40 stuff I grew up on in the 80's, when over the speakers played the newly released Whiskey.. I just stood there, lost in it, swept away. :)
By Light In The Attic
hit me up y'all...no stress

nah, I think Sub Pop is planning on doing the album reissues....grrr
By siforster
A compendium of tour CDs would be nice, as there's loads of them now!
Gutted I wasn't able to see him on this last tour (1st time in ages, and some of the stuff on Black Pudding is the best he's ever done), friend of mine got me this, which was the only CD of the set I don't have:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii71 ... fd8eb5.jpg

Just want a vinyl of the Istanbul show now...
By GimmeGrooves
Very nice write-up Si, thanks for posting the link.

By masonhastie
@ekwipt I don't know if you're still looking for the Lanegan record, but Listen Records in Edmonton gets lots of that stuff in and they only charge $10 for ANY amount of records anywhere in Canada. And they are super friendly. If you end up ordering, tell them I sent you.

http://listenrecords.net/mail-order/

By siforster
Thanks!
By siforster
Hi, just making sure you got my email (si at 6dft dot net), sent on the 15th but haven't seen a reply :(
By Purplemule74
...Got a shipping notice from LITA and it looks like they are shipping out The Hills Have Eyes. Nice late January treat!
By layneharvey
@purplemule74 - yeah! got my shipment notification as well. pretty pumped to see this thing in person.
By GimmeGrooves
I was 12 or 13, staying with my Aunt in Tampa, her neighborhood was fenced off from an area that I supposed would be developed in the coming years, plows had already tore it all up and made huge dirt hills and dirt roads. Of course we found a spot to jump the fence and ride our bikes and be mischievous back there. One day one of us found a big plastic tarp.. under it were bunches of bones.. we ran like hell! Then The Hills Have Eyes was playing on HBO and we watched it one night when my uncle was working. That was one summer that could not end soon enough!

I don't think I'll play it, but I can't wait to see the soundtrack!
By commodore64
Maniac is up for preorder.
By Light In The Attic
Hey Folks,

Just popping my head in to let all you North American customer know we have just received a large assortment of original Goblin LP reissues, along with a large bundle of other key Italian prog, psych, soundtrack, etc..

http://lightintheattic.net/releases?all ... %5B97%5D=1

Prices are pretty fair considering they are imports. I'm happy to offer discounts for anyone interested in a handful of LPs. josh@lightintheattic.net

PS, all Hills Have Eyes LPs have shipped, and R-Baby by Wednesday (those ordered from LITA)

Thanks!

J
By dumaisaudio
Thanks for the heads up. I grabbed a few of the Goblin ones you got in the first round, looking forward to grabbing a few more. Wish Deep Red was back in stock though.