Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Jimmy_Mike
Is the Lewis record part of subscription part 1?

Thanks, love the label.
By jgibbs4053
Does anyone know when LITA's RSD albums will go up for sell on thier website?
By tim28212
Probably not the right time to ask since today was a big day but will any of the Death Waltz RSD releases be available for online purchase or are they sold out?
By phantomforce
I've been refreshing LITA all day. Looks like I'm not the only one cause the site sometimes goes live, then dead, especially on the RSD releases. The shop closed at 5 and it's already 8pm and we haven't seen anything yet.
By lazyben
Um, if I recall correctly there's actually an internet embargo on RSD stuff whereby shops and labels can't list the leftovers online until a week later. So you shouldn't see anything online until next Saturday...
By phantomforce
it says on the shop that releases will go live online 04.19.14

Also, LITA is the only US distributor for DW
By phantomforce
* RECORD STORE DAY TITLE ONLY – WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE PURCHASE ON 4.19.14 *

This is what it says on all RSD titles
By lazyben
I stand corrected. Either the rule got dropped/completely ignored or that's a typo.
By ekwipt
People were asking all day on Twitter & Instagram about online sales but every question was ignored.
By strictlywayward
It's only frustrating because we were explicitly told we would be able to order the DW stuff online from LitA. Not everyone can get out to a store for RSD, and not everyone wants to. RSD can be extremely unpleasant from the customer's perspective, and to end up overpaying for stuff online anyway is a travesty. I doubt I am the only one that opted to stay in and get what he/she really wanted via LitA, without hassles or price-gauging. Unfortunately, I spent my whole day on nothing, because the titles never went up for sale and no one could be bothered to update anyone. Here I am, again, waiting, because I have to have those albums. No one would be bothering LitA about getting these releases online if we had not been told we could. If we can't, maybe let us know that so we can move on with our lives.
By ekwipt
The lack of communication is a little odd. Stores like Amoeba have already put up leftover copies of the RSD titles up for sale online. Could have picked up 3/4 of the Death Waltz RSD records from them this morning but I held off in hopes they'd go up on LITAs site. Hopefully we'll hear something one way or the other soon.
By strictlywayward
I'm happy to support LitA. Aside from generally making my DW acquisitions easier, they put out some very nice stuff; their s/t Thin Lizzy reissue is one of my favorite records.
I do hope they don't wait until next weekend to put them up as Slumber Party Massacre will be out around then and that makes for 5 LPs to be paid for (6, really--I don't have Deep Red yet) at once, plus the shipping for that heavy-ass box. The "I can swing that--it's RSD after all," attitude will surely have faded by then. We're all supposed to be in this together. :-(
By Whip Wilson
[quote=16103]It’s only frustrating because we were explicitly told we would be able to order the DW stuff online from LitA. Not everyone can get out to a store for RSD, and not everyone wants to. RSD can be extremely unpleasant from the customer’s perspective, and to end up overpaying for stuff online anyway is a travesty. I doubt I am the only one that opted to stay in and get what he/she really wanted via LitA, without hassles or price-gauging. Unfortunately, I spent my whole day on nothing, because the titles never went up for sale and no one could be bothered to update anyone. Here I am, again, waiting, because I have to have those albums. No one would be bothering LitA about getting these releases online if we had not been told we could. If we can’t, maybe let us know that so we can move on with our lives. [/quote]

Exactly so. If LITA sold out or changedthe date, just say so. Add me to the chorus of voices who asked about this several times. I even sent emails that twice went unanswered and I'm a first generation subscriber. Kind of lame.
By revolver
Glad I am not the only one upset about this! I checked the site all day Saturday looking in vain for an opportunity to purchase 1 RSD title! the site never changed, never offered the items for sale, but always said the the Online sales were to start Saturday 9-5 Seattle time!
They could've at least pulled the listings, or said they were sold out! Instead I was left hanging! My suburb of Toronto Record Store never heard of Death Waltz or One Way Static so I knew I had to try online! Now I'm pissed off enough that I a considering not bothering with LITA and scratching what I can through Amazon.ca
Can an ignored online customer be an irritated Customer, that turns into a lost customer?
By Whip Wilson
Clearly. It is a ridiculous thing. I have always had great responses from them so this is a real mystery, but I am genuinely ticked about it.
By strictlywayward
I'm mostly just disappointed in myself for devoting so much time and energy(?) to the pursuit of purchase.
That being said, "Music is the best."
By teenagegrubworm
Originally I was going to stay away from the hordes at the record store and just buy from LitA since I was under the impression they would be available on line as stated on the site, after watching all morning and early afternoon waiting I started to get a little irritated at the lack of records showing up and even more so any communication.

I ended up going down to a couple record stores later in the afternoon and was lucky enough to find all four DW releases in the end.
By strictlywayward
Good deal.
I might give adapting to the situation a go tomorrow.
By siforster
Not wanting to pre-empty any response, but I'm guessing that as these were RSD releases they (whether they're a label or not) would have been prohibited from selling any RSD product online until the 26th (presuming that US RSD rules are the same as UK) It looks like accidental misinformation on their site.
As for a lack of response yesterday, my guess is that they were out selling & buying records, what with it being Record Store Day and LiTA being a small and very enthusiastic label :)
By revolver
All they had to do was post a note regarding WHY these weren't for sale, or IF in fact they were sold out. Instead the only note we were left with all weekend was that they were going to be sold ONLINE ONLY on Record Store Day.
This was my only access to the titles I was looking forward to, and the fact that they were "Too Busy" just doesn't work for me! I can't say I won't ever order from LITA Again, it's still a valuable source, but this experience has certainly soured my enthusiasm!
I'm also going to be out of Internet Range next weekend if they come up for sale a week later
By siforster
Communication can be a little wobbly at times with these guys as they're not the biggest record label in existence (I missed out on the Red Lanegan set on here when Josh offered them on here, I emailed, and got no reply - on the flipside, I've been in touch at other times and found everyone I've spoken with to be friendly and helpful), but I still have to say that I can't see it being anything other than an error and the wrong date put on there.
But like I said, I don't know. If they are online-only titles that didn't go on sale when planned/agreed with DWRC, then they'll all still be there whenever they come back into work. I've also no idea how long that date was publicised for but if I'd seen it I would probably have queried it before yesterday anyway as it doesn't look right for the reasons I've mentioned.

And as LiTA have been good buddies to this site in the past (even if I didn't get the extra Lanegan red vinyl set that should have been a sub-only deal, plenty here did), I'd be surprised if people here missed out.
By freshoj
sorry I didn't get a chance to post this earlier, but this was the word from LITA on wednesday when I emailed to ask about the planned prices for the DW RSD stuff:

"I'm not sure when they are going on the site (if at all). We're going to sell what we have at our physical store on RSD, so we'll have to see if there will be any left after that! Feel free to check back after RSD though."

Sorry other folks had difficult communicating, but over the last few weeks I sent a couple emails and they were both responded to quickly and efficiently.

I also realize now that when I received this response from them, I should have immediately advised them to update the text on their site to reflect this but I totally space. mea culpa on that one!
By Whip Wilson
No one is saying they are bad folks. Certainly not me, but they have had Saturday's date listed on the individual title page for all of their distributed RSD titles, not just DWRC's, all week. I asked about the date on Thursday and, unlike JMCTodo, didn't get any response. LITA has a storefront where they sold these titles, and others, all day Saturday. The text on the site, which was removed last night/this morning, indicated that these would go online after their brick and mortar store closed on 4/19. Lastly, RSD titles don't have to be held offline until 4/26 USA this year. That is simply not the case. Nearly every indie record shop with an online presence in the USA has already sold their leftovers online. And this is the crux of the issue. There was no reason for me to think that text was an error. It probably wasn't. Even so, I queried them and received no response. As a DWRC/OWS/LITA subscriber based in the US who worked all weekend, I did not make alternate arrangements because I took LITA at their entirely believable word. Hopefully these records will go online for sale at some point. If not, I will be very upset that I am paying import/flipper prices for albums that I was supposed to have access to from a distributer who gets a lot of my money every year.
By Purplemule74
@Mateo -

Post a list of what you want & I can see if any of it is for sale at my local shop. If I find any of it, I can ship to you for cost plus shipping.

By siforster
@Mateo

I've just had another peep at their RSD roster on their site, (Scharpling & Wurster and OWS Last House pages linked to on their text for example), they're listed as RSD titles but no date mentioned, just "Record Store Day Release Only" - the only exceptions are the DWRC ones which suggest a bit of a limited whoopsie on their part. If they've been in and changed them retrospectively since yesterday and not altered the DWRC one, then that's just plain odd. I didn't see them before today though so can't comment on that.

As for online sales, as I said above I merely presumed that as all the other RSD rules applied internationally, that the 7-day offline rule applied also. Bit odd that it doesn't, but there you go.