Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Whip Wilson
Thanks you very much. My intention wasn't to trawl for help, but to relieve my stress and vent. It sounds like Josh from LITA will be abke to help me out. Thank you again. Cheers!
By Whip Wilson
Yeah, Si, I'm not trying to argue with you or anyone else on here. I'm just justifying my bent. I rarely get up in arms about things of this nature, but this one has ticked all the boxes. They still have the 4/19 date listed on more titles than just the DWRC right now, but not all. I am nearly positive at least two of those marked Record Store Day Only were changed as I made a list of titles listed as being available after business on 4/19 to take with me to work Saturday, but I could have erred.
By reddye6
I don't get why there would be a rule to not sell online until a week later. You have flippers selling now, and they're going to sell to buyers who want to ensure that they get their special RSD title and not find out later that they're sold out. If stores could sell now at normal RSD prices, then the flippers don't have as much immediate power.
By siforster
Without knowing the official reasons behind it (and it looks like Spencer's going to be tied up with complainey emails for a few days to explain properly), I'd guess that flippers were never really much of a consideration before the last couple of years. The main concern with RSD is to get people in shops, and not just of Record Store Day - if people ignored the flippers anyway they'd see that there's piles of stuff (and desirable stuff too - including much that's in the bay for extortionate money) still available for anyone to walk in and buy, and while they're in there without the big crushes and regiments of Saturday, there's a whole bunch of other stuff in there too! So a week-long exclusive period has always been in place over here to benefit the stores - especially those who don't have the money to invest in setting up mail order sidelines in the first place. As lest we forget, RSD is there not only to make sure we all get shiny things, but that we continue to have places to buy the shiny things from. Otherwise we'll be left with another layer of Big Shops able to close down the little ones.
By Light In The Attic
Guys

Very simple response here - RSD would have kicked us out of the "club" per se, had we listed ANY RSD products online. We were told about this a couple days before RSD, and I've been out of town, so were not able to make any updated on our site.

The RSD crew saw some of our stuff listed on the site, and directly reached out to make sure none of the product would actually be sold on RSD.

Even more screwed up is they said we could NEVER sell any "non" LITA related RSD product online (including DW LPs). And only after a week from RSD, can we sell just our LITA releases....which does no good as were already sold out.

Believe me folks, we had 200 of each DW RSD LPs saved for you guys, but had to dump nearly all of them to the stores, otherwise it woulda got really ugly w/ Spencer/Myself and the RSD folks.

I think we still have a good 20-25 LPs left on each release, and I'd like to help as much of the folks from this thread as possible. So, how about you guys email me and we'll see if I can work some magic? There is no way we can get everyone one here filled, but hopefully a large handful will turn some things around for folks.

Probably 20 sets of the 4 x LPs we have, for $100 each + media mail shipping ($6)

ht me at josh@lightintheattic.net

Sorry folks
By strictlywayward
Awesome. Thanks, Josh. (Justin Litherland here).
By Whip Wilson
Thanks for responding, Josh. I've sent you an email.
By Bub
I already got mine but that's a helluva deal, Josh!
By Deadite
Hi Josh! Thanks so much for the info. Email sent!

-Jordan D.
By ekwipt
If anyone in North America is still looking for the Death Waltz RSD titles http://www.redcat.ca have some left. They do not sell online but if you call and ask for Dave and ask really nice I bet he will do mailorder for you ;-)
By toosoonjunior
Josh, you have an e-mail from David H. as well. :)
By 4000days
Thanks Josh - email sent, hope I made it in time.

I got an auto-reply "out of office" response though, so I hope my email is waiting for you somewhere.... :)
By tim28212
@4000, I got an "out of office" earlier today but Josh did reply
By 4000days
Cool. Thanks Tim - fingers crossed I made the cut!
By Whip Wilson
Just wanted to pop back in and say how sweet it was that Josh came by to make things right. Plenty of places would have just said, "Yeah we're sorry, but Record Store Day." LITA gets it. Good looking out.
By 4000days
I'm with Mateo - I told Josh privately via email, but I'll say it here too - it's awesome that he looks out for the folks on this board. He certainly doesn't owe any of us anything, but has continually looked out for us - and I'm extremely grateful for all of his efforts. Because of his presence here, I got a Mark Lanegan colored box on the cheap, at the same time they were selling for 4 times the amount on eBay. He hooked me up with a volume discount when I ordered a bunch of the AMS Goblin reissues, and now came through with the Death Waltz RSD titles. Seriously, LITA does business and takes care of their customers so well it's almost mind-boggling.
By GimmeGrooves
Same sentiments here- LITA is top notch and Josh is one righteous dude. Can't say it enough..
By tim28212
I third the sentiment. Great business and most of all great people running it. Always a pleasure doing business with them.
By Light In The Attic
You guys are easy to work with, so no problem at all helping out the fine folks of SBTC!

Slumber Party to be announced on Friday.
By Purplemule74
@Mateo -

Don't know if a few posts back you sent me your list, but I can't see it on my side. It is marked private.

Regardless, willing to help out folks if I can - it is a pain if you can't get access to what you want. Especially when you know somewhere there is a copy of what you want sitting and collecting dust because the locals there are into top 40 teenage pop-rock and don't give a rip about some old record.
By Whip Wilson
You're a diamond, Purp, but Josh from LITA came in to save the day. One thousand thank yous all the same.
By lazyben
Goblin & Morricone ordered, was waiting for those to appear at sensible prices. Thanks!
By toosoonjunior
Going to try to wait to order the Morricone along with Slumber Party Massacre tomorrow!