Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ghostfires
@layneharvey - I actually did do that a few months ago, and never received any response back from them at all.
By bansel
@ghostfires, if you had a pre order that ships 10/5 and one that ships 10/20, would you really want yo wait til 10/20 to receive both?
Maybe I'm just too impatient but I want to receive my preorders as soon as they come out!

Now if I'm ordering from oversees that's a different story. If the shipping is way high I hate to have multiple orders,

I know what you mean though man. Maybe they should do something like amazon prime. Let you pay an annual fee to get free unlimited shipping!
By siforster
Wasn't able to subscribe to to geographical doings (they couldn't extend this to the UK sadly), am refreshing daily for the 3LP Mark Lanegan Anthology...
By Whip Wilson
Finders Keepers has just recently agreed to do this for me. Some of their complimentary releases come out over a span of a few months and their shipping rates to the US are terrible. However, they've agreed to let a handful of purchases collect before they ship thereby giving me a better rate. Ghostfires, you should email them again. LITA have always been cool with me as well.
By ghostfires
@bansel - absolutely I would wait for the latest ship date. I have records coming in almost daily...I don't have to have things immediately. I am very good at being patient...I have plenty of other records to listen to while I wait!

I do love Amazon Prime, so I would definitely buy into a shipping program like that since I buy so much from LITA.
By reddye6
For Finders Keepers releases, have you checked out the Mount Analog mailorder site? It says that it is home to the West Coast office of Finders Keepers and the US headquarters for the B-Music Collective. A couple of weeks ago I ordered some of the newer FK titles, and they just shipped the other day.

This won't help with any of FK subscription series, as it looks like they are coming straight from the UK. I just purchased the new Finders Kreepers horror 7" series, and the shipping to the US was nearly the cost of the subscription. Luckily, I just made a nice Discogs sale that paid for this purchase.
By DJ Quik
Hey Light in the Attic, I loved the release of Digable Planets ‎– Blowout Comb, anymore classic hip hop coming our way?
By jamie
I just received an email from recordstore.co.uk and they are stocking DW issues at mostly £17.99 per copy of record .
By ghostfires
This is now getting to be crazy - I've contacted LITA three different times by email to inquire about adding something new they've put up for sale to one of my several existing orders that they haven't shipped out yet. ZERO RESPONSE. I mean am I the only here that they refuse to talk to? I order from them a lot...so being treated as if I don't even deserve a response from them is pretty shitty to feel like as a devoted customer.

Do they not have any actual customer service support? It seems like a simple enough question, right? Can you charge me just for the record, and throw this into the pile with any of my three other orders?
By Light In The Attic
Hello

Which email address have you been sending these issues/complaints to?

We have a full time person handling our online site, so if there is actually a "lack" of response happening, I'd like to know as the owner of the label.

You can always email me direct at josh@lightintheattic.net

Hope we can help you out.

J
By dumaisaudio
Just wanted to throw out there that I've ordered a lot from LITA, and I've always had good customer service from them. Chris Early is the one I always talk to and he's super helpful.
By reddye6
Mateo, how did you contact FK? Was it through the "Contact" page on their site? If so, how long did it take for them to get in touch with you? I sent them email via the "Contact" page to see about ordering both of their upcoming subscription services and having the releases send together rather than as separate packages to save on shipping costs, but I haven't heard from them yet. I'm a little antsy because I don't want the Disposable subscription to run out before I purchase it.
By Light In The Attic
Thanks man! I'll let Chris know...he'll dig that.

By Light In The Attic
The road is making us go crazy in a good way!! We've already hit 37 stores in 7 days
By dumaisaudio
I was there at Steady Sounds in Richmond, VA, picked up Goblin and Day of the Dead from you!
By pabloeterovic
Today I had a problem with an order on LITA.
I sent an email to Josh, he told me who to talk to in less than 10 minutos , and in a matter of hours the problem was solved.
Great customer support.
Greetings from Chile
By ghostfires
@lightintheattic - I finally received an answer back from Morgan today about the question I originally had. It is NOT possible for a new record to be added to an existing order, even if that existing order has not shipped at all yet.

That is really a feature that should be implemented at some point. If you're always adding pre-orders back to back, it would be extremely helpful to group those together some how. I have so many one-two record pre-orders sitting in the LITA system right now, which is really great that they're bringing awesome records to us here in the US, but damn does that shipping begin to add up. The solution I'm proposing would be that if a new pre-order comes up, and you have an order in the system that has not shipped at all - there should be an option once you've logged in and are checking out to say "add to my existing order" and you can select the order.

Anyways - just an idea. I honestly hope all this pre-order stuff settles down and we could maybe just get back to buying records like normal once they come out?
By siforster
Crossing all my fingers that the order I placed with LITA today for 2 Mark Lanegan Anthologies (not flipping, I promise!) without realising they were 1 per customer until after I'd done the money thing (sorry, am halfwit) can be sorted without me crying too much...
By layneharvey
@si - thanks for the heads up on this! didnt even know about it. scored the yellow box!
By ekwipt
Oh man I want that Lanegan set so bad...But $40 to ship a $36 album to Canada :-(
Just can't justify the cost.
By siforster
Been looking forward to this set for months since I first heard about it (tbh, it's worth the outlay just for Following The Rain, which I've had on an n-to-the-power-of-too-manyth generation copy of the Whiskey For The Holy Ghost demos).
So, yeah, doubled up with a friend for 2 of the yellow ones, did the paypal thing ($172) and about 2 hours later noticed it was one per order. Have fired off an email but not heard anything back yet. Panicking a bit :)
EDIT: Sorted! Thankyouthankyouthankyou etc

I suppose it's too late to enquire of certain record labels over here who have LITA sending their stuff out locally to save on shipping costs, that maybe they could do a reciprocal deal? I suspect I should have asked this months ago :D
By ekwipt
International shipping rates seem to have suddenly dropped dramatically for the Lanegan set...If you've already ordered you might want to check it out and get in touch with them about the rate you paid.
By siforster
All the yellow ones seem to have gone now too.

I've listened to a couple of the snippets (am trying to hold off until January now, which is tricky!) - Following the Rain is taken direct from the original Whiskey For The Holy Ghost demo tape (which I have floating around here somewhere) and is utterly beautiful. Blues Run The Game is a weird choice, as it's from the Lola's Lounge show in 2000 (the only place he ever played it as far as I know, it was a very weird gig indeed - again, the whole thing's knocking about in here somewhere) and the sound craps out halfway through. On the plus side, it's probably the most you'll ever hear him speak!
Can. Not. Wait.
By Light In The Attic
I think you'll be ok with the 2 box sets...we're kind like that