Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By seb
Jodorowsky's Dune (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) DLP/CD

ON CINEWAX/LIGHT IN THE ATTIC RECORDS

This is the soundtrack to the story about the greatest film that never was.

Jodorowsky’s Dune tells the tale of cult filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky’s unsuccessful attempt to adapt Frank Herbert’s classic sci-fi novel, Dune, to the big screen. Composer Kurt Stenzel gives life to a retro-futuristic universe as fantastic as Jodorowsky’s own vision for his Dune–a film whose A-list cast would have included Salvador Dalí, Orson Welles, and Mick Jagger in starring roles and music by psychedelic prog-rockers Pink Floyd.

Building upon director Frank Pavich’s idea for a score with a “Tangerine Dream-type feel,” Stenzel lays out a cosmic arsenal of analog synthesizers that would make any collector green at the gills: among other gems are a rare Moog Source, CZ-101s, and a Roland Juno 6, as well as unorthodox instruments like a toy Concertmate organ and a Nintendo DS. “I also played guitar and did vocals,” says Stenzel, “some chanting… and some screaming, which comes naturally to me.” The score also features narration by Jodorowsky himself. As Stenzel notes, “Jodo’s voice is actually the soundtrack’s main musical instrument–listening to him was almost like hypnosis, like going to the guru every night.”

This highly-anticipated soundtrack LP was sequenced and mixed by Stenzel with the listener in mind and flows through a “four-sides” LP approach. “I wanted it to play like the records I grew up with, where every side was a journey.”

AVAILABLE ON BLACK VINYL // COLOR VINYL // COMPACT DISC

First time release
Liner notes by composer Kurt Stenzel
Original artwork by Nick Stewart Hoyle
2xLP housed in a deluxe gatefold Stoughton tip-on jacket
Includes download card for full album

Exclusively available from Light In The Attic & One Way Static >

Cosmic Swirl Wax limited to 1,000 copies
Silver foil numbered jacket
Includes folded 27″×40″ poster with artwork by Nick Stewart Hoyle

Available from

www.onewaystatic.com (Europe)
www.lightintheattic.net (North America)

By Hatter313
The doc is great! I'm a huge DUNE fan, and to see what this could have been is really something else. i don't know that the movie would have been any truer or free from some of the adaptation complaints of the lynch version, but it would have been a crazy ride.

I've been hoping for a while that someone would put the score out. Thanks LITA/OWS!
By seb
I loved the doc. Really something you should see... Think it also includes one of Giger's last appearances before he passed away.
The score is really good, sadly Kurt who composed it had a stroke just after he finished his work, he's still not fully recovered :(

So happy that LITA is putting this baby into the world!
By deafmetal
Very pleased to see this being released on vinyl. I enjoyed the documentary quite a bit. I felt it was a great insider look into Jodorowski's thought processes, art, and methods, as well as smaller peeks at both Jean Giraud (Moebius) and H.R. Giger.

Also, remember this?

http://www.spintheblackestcircles.com/f ... -for-sale/
By seb
And for those of you who want to get some Jodorowsky back catalog.

Both One Way Static Records & Light In The Attic have restocks of 'El Topo', 'The Holy Mountain' & 'The Dance Of Reality' available in our shops.