Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NathanLurker
Yeah I've got the bootleg but will pick up this official release. Good stuff !
By SpaceCadet
I've been so impressed by their Robocop, Bronson, Oldboy, and Terminator releases that I'm certain it'll be an upgrade... I hope it includes a digital download, but sometimes those Japanese companies can be tricky with digital licenses.
Last edited by SpaceCadet on Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By deafmetal
I skipped the bootleg in hopes this would happen (another one that should be listed under the Victor Unofficial label on Discogs). Cheers to Milan for repressing this. OG copies are quite expensive.
By Hatter313
Which track list do we think this will be a pressing of, I have the CD that with this track listing:

"Kaneda" – 3:10
"Battle Against Clown" – 3:36
"Winds Over Neo-Tokyo" – 2:48
"Tetsuo" – 10:18
"Dolls' Polyphony" – 2:55
"Shohmyoh" – 10:10
"Mutation"/"Ohjifuchi" – 4:50
"Exodus From the Underground Fortress" – 3:18
"Illusion" – 13:56
"Requiem" – 14:20

Is this the same content as the original Symphonic Suite LP with just the tracks broken out differently? seems like it would be expanded but i can't seem to find a concrete explanation. It is not the one with dialogue clips which i think also exists. I keep trying to answer this question for myself but I'm still not totally sure of the answer.

Thanks.
By deafmetal
@Hatter - The CD is expanded compared to the original 33rpm LP album. This is mostly due to the overall run-time with a 10+ minute track on each side of the vinyl. Hopefully, Milan will release a 2LP expanded edition.
By SpaceCadet
deafmetal wrote:@Hatter - The CD is expanded compared to the original 33rpm LP album. This is mostly due to the overall run-time with a 10+ minute track on each side of the vinyl. Hopefully, Milan will release a 2LP expanded edition.
A future punk cyclist can dream....
By maxlevel
Milan twitter feed mentioned upcoming news last week. Excited
By Mateo Sanboval
maxlevel wrote:Milan twitter feed mentioned upcoming news last week. Excited
By reddye6
"His future is only to enter the box." Change "is" to "was," and I have a new epitaph.
By deafmetal
deafmetal wrote:Hopefully, Milan will release a 2LP expanded edition.
Very happy to see this listed as a double LP. Still waiting for the official announcement from Milan, and would also like to order directly from their site.
By deathwaltz
As you know the splatter has sold out, Mondo will have a bunch for sale on the 26th of July as part of their distributed titles program, so hold off from eBay if you can.
By deafmetal
deathwaltz wrote:As you know the splatter has sold out, Mondo will have a bunch for sale on the 26th of July as part of their distributed titles program, so hold off from eBay if you can.
Cantt w8 bro!

By Mateo Sanboval
Yeah, it's a tough call. I'm hoping that Transmission is a little cheaper than ebay, but no way are they going to be able to beat that shipping. Especially stateside. I may just snap this up while it's still available.
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dollarhyde
I passed on the splatter, this is one of those releases where you want optimum sound dynamics imo.

Also you want the OG on Victor if your going for 'rare'

Have also ordered through transmission but hoping I can now cancel my artist arena order.
By maxlevel
Got absolutely nailed by customs charges from artist arena, after picking up my heavily delayed Akira.

VAT plus £8 handling charge. £13/$17 is nearly 50% of the price.

And, I literally just made a soundtrack mixtape end of last week, so this wasn’t included as it was locked in the sorting office.
By Bezulsqy
maxlevel wrote:Got absolutely nailed by customs charges from artist arena, after picking up my heavily delayed Akira.

VAT plus £8 handling charge. £13/$17 is nearly 50% of the price.

And, I literally just made a soundtrack mixtape end of last week, so this wasn’t included as it was locked in the sorting office.
That sucks! the VAT alone is seldom the problem, but that handling charge... Do you know what postal carrier they used?
By maxlevel
It was UPS stateside, then Swiss Post which seems odd. The UK handler was Royal Mail
By Bezulsqy
maxlevel wrote:It was UPS stateside, then Swiss Post which seems odd. The UK handler was Royal Mail
I do remember an order of mine also had Swiss post on it (The Witch order I think). Another order I cannot remember. But both times no customs.
They do have very cheap shipping to EU. I mean $9,99 instead of the $22 I normally would pay does make a lot difference.
Oh well, I do feel your pain :-)
By maxlevel
$15 not a chance. Was there another tape put out at urban dogshitters for a similar price last year?