Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Dear friends,

The score to Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence by Ryuichi Sakamoto is the new release in our Nicolas Winding Refn Presents Series:
You can pre-order it at our store - you will receive an instant digital download.
http://bit.ly/2dbHPCR

This release features:
- Original artwork by Laurent Durieux
- 1x 180gm black LP housed in a tip-on gatefold jacket
- Introduction text by producer Jeremy Thomas
- Download Card included.

LP will ship by October 21.

We will also be selling the LP at Mondocon at the Milan Records booth.

JC
I like my copy, I've got an original but it's one of my favorite films and favorite scores so I couldn't pass this up. It's a beautiful package, I haven't done a comparison between them but maybe I will and report back.
Sorry for the drybump, ChrisMcQueen007, but I don't have an answer to your query. I have, however, just listened to this score for the first time because of this thread. Specifically the most recent posts my your good self and Mr Hatter. I've never seen the film nor ever heard the score. In truth, its release barely even registered. Until today. I listened once this afternoon, once after work, and I'll probably give it another go in the morning. Here's the thing: It's pretty dang great.
its a great score, and a great movie. Sakamoto and Bowie play off each other so well, but the real drama is between Tom Conti as the titular Mr. Lawrence and the head guard played by (Beat) Takeshi Kitano (yeah...its quite a cast).

Its also an interesting outlier in WWII films that isn't concerned with the european conflict at all, and only marginally the pacific theater as far as what brings these characters together. One of my favs.
@Mateo: Great to hear that our little discussion pointed you in the direction of this score and that you enjoy it.

I'm with Mr. Hatter re the movie: It's great, has grown immensely on me (had it on VHS back in the days) because of the unusual/non-stereotypical storytelling of a war film.

Will most likely buy the new Milan LP, was otherwise thinking about the Japanese pressing which has been on my discogs wishlist for quite some time.